1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Missed Arabic Language from SII

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mseif, Aug 21, 2012.

1. mseif

mseif Member

Received 3 days ago, 2 Galaxy SII, both from Iraq and from the same shop. When we opened both and start playing with them, we found that the KB of one of them has only 6 languages ( including Arabic) while the other has 31 languages not including Arabic . Both mobiles read Arabic perfectly ( Arabic SMS or emails ).
    Any explanation ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Do they both have the same CSC code, (Consumer Software Customisation code)?

For details of how to obtain your CSC code and what it means, see posts #1 and #2, here.

mseif likes this.
  3. mseif

mseif Member

No actually they have different CSC, the one with Arabic has I9100JPLPC , while the other one has I9100DBTLP6.
    Both have ICS 4.0.3 .
    If I upgraded the 2nd one to 4.0.4 , would this solve the problem ?
    I know that I may found a KB with Arabic on the Google play, but I really would love to have it built in the ROM.

4. ironass

I'm guessing you meant... i9100OJPLPC... which is the CSC code for a number of Arabic regions and I'm also guessing thatr this is the one with 6 languages.

The DBT code is the, "Open Germany", code and will contain a lot more languages to cover Europe.

No... the CSC code determines the language pack.

The only way would be to flash the OJP firmware to the DBT phone using Odin, as described in post #1 of my earlier link.

Just as a matter of interest... what does, "KB", stand for?

5. mseif

mseif Member

Sorry , KB means keyboard.

I will have to read look into this upgrade, I am not sure if I would be able to do it.
    If I did it right, would the mobile be as good as new ?

6. ironass

You would, as per post #1 in that link, void your warranty.

7. mseif

mseif Member

8. ironass

No, you do not have to root your phone to flash a stock firmware.

I think the fact that you have 2 different CSC codes with 2 different language packs runs contrary to that.

9. mseif

mseif Member

" I think the fact that you have 2 different CSC codes with 2 different language packs runs contrary to that."

I guess you are right about that. Thanks again.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews