• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Missed Call - LED notification for missed calls

android_goes

Nov 5, 2008
I have written a little application that gives LED notification for missed calls. (the default behaviour gives you only LED notifications for SMS,email and voicemail)

Features:
Customizable sound, vibration, led, repeat notifications for missed calls, incoming calls, sms, bluetooth enabled/disabled, bluetooth device connected, airplane mode, battery level low, etc.

Version 0.8.9 includes a Locale plug-in! For all the Droid users make sure that you have got "Missed Call for Android 2.0" installed.

You can try it out if you want.

DOWNLOAD:
Android Market - Missed Call

Just reply to the thread here or tweet me: missed_Call (missed_Call) on Twitter

Attachments

• missed_call.jpg
    missed_call.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 477
  • missed_call_promo.jpg
    missed_call_promo.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 283
Reactions: zorbas
Hey since you've already got the base of the program do you think you could add a "beep" (or custom sound notification) for missed calls, emails, calendar events, and texts? That would be a lifesaver. (preferably with the ability to set different tones for different missed features).

If you could do that, your program would be a must have. Does anyone disagree? :D

Upvote 0
Oh, so you are the one who made this! Very well done, good sir.
I do have one small problem with this app now, although it only came in the update. I rather just keep a light for missed calls, but now this app's light is necessary for text notifications as well, which disables the preset green blinking light for it. Is there anyway to keep the missed call light on but forgo the missed text light? I'm guessing there is a way with the timer that will keep it off and allow the blinking green one to do its thing?
Thanks.

Upvote 0
for some reason my missed call light doesnt blink continously
it juts blinked once right after i missed the call..but then it never continued to blink.
is it supposed to be like this?
I get the same, no call log open, even got rid of the dialer app to make sure it wasn't that, still doesn't work. I got it to work once by changing the blink interval to 300/300 but it only worked once. Tried playing around with the interval settings, still couldn't get it to work. Took the icon in notifications out and put it back, still no joy. I'm on version 0.4.0

Any ideas?

Thought I might add that I'm using a UK phone on Build TC5-RC8, don't know if that makes any difference?

Also, just to add, I have powered off/on and still doesn't work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones