1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Missed call notifications are off and disabled.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vipul Kapoor, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Vipul Kapoor

Vipul Kapoor Lurker

I recently stopped using a caller id app that had disabled missed call notifications (it showed it's own). Since I uninstalled the app I don't get any notification for missed calls.

In the notification settings, the option is disabled and greyed out. How do I enable it?

It might be caused by something else too, I'm not 100% sure it was because of the app. My phone recently updated to Android Q.

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Enthusiast

Did you clear data before you uninstalled the app?

Sometimes files can get left behind when uninstalling without clearing data first.

So at this point, I would suggest reinstalling the app, opening it, then going into your phone's app settings and clearing the data.

Then uninstall it again.

Then close all apps (square navigation key) and restart (NOT reset!) the phone.

3. Vipul Kapoor

Vipul Kapoor Lurker

Hi. Thanks for your reply. What you're saying makes sense. But there's a problem. I can't seem to find the app on Play store anymore. I looked at some apk download sites too but didn't find it. The app was called DU Caller

Is there a way to delete these files manually (via file manager or something)?

4. puppykickr

DU Caller?
    I will do a quick look for you.

I don't know, about the files.
    Some apps store them right where you can get to them with the File Manager, while others hide them in the device to where you might need root.
    I doubt that, as it was a 3rd party user app.
    The thing is, it could be called anything.

#4 puppykickr, Jan 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  5. Vipul Kapoor

Vipul Kapoor Lurker

That link doesn't work for me but I found it on another site. Unfortunately I can still not change the settings. I cleared cache and data, then uninstalled the app but the setting is still disabled.

6. puppykickr

Did you restart the phone?

Also, check to be sure that you do not have Do Not Disturb, Vibrate Only, Silent Mode, etc. activated.

Make sure that the volume is up.

Simply push a volume key, and when the volume toast message pops up touch the little arrow on the right.

This will open up the volume menu for all device volume settings.

Touch the one you want to adjust, and use your volume keys (or just touch and slide the marker) to change the volume.

Some devices tie the notification volume with the ringer volume, so that if one or the other is turned off then the other one is also.

This has happened to me, and I find it annoying.

7. Vipul Kapoor

Vipul Kapoor Lurker

No that's all fine. This is definitely a bug. I realised I can also click on "Missed call" in the above screenshot. That takes me to screen in screenshot 1 below, I'm then able to toggle the switch to enable it and it shows some more options (screenshot 2) but when I go back, its disabled again.

Does this give you any clues?

Attached Files:

8. puppykickr

Goto:

Settings
    Apps
    Show All
    Show System Apps
    find your Phone app
    select it
    Notifications

9. Vipul Kapoor

Vipul Kapoor Lurker

Its the same thing. I should bring this to the attention of android developers.