1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Missed Calls Samsung S3

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by SamsungS3Owner, Aug 17, 2016.

1. SamsungS3Owner

None

Aug 17, 2016
    Female
    I bought this phone brand new 3 months ago. For the past month my phone has not been recording missed calls when I get a call from a number that is not in my contact list. The calls never shows in my missed call log. Then I will receive a voicemail notification an hour after the voicemail was left. If the caller does not leave a message I have no way of knowing the call was ever placed. It's as if they never called. This glitch has caused me to miss some very important calls. I am 100% positive I have active phone service/coverage during the times of these missed calls, yet the phone never even rings. It seems as if incoming calls from non-contacts are only sucsessful 50% of the time. Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? Thanks
    Samsung S3 SPH-L710T running android version 4.4.2

Advertisement

2. SamsungS3Owner

None

Aug 17, 2016
    Female
    I called samsung tech support. They had me wipe the cache clean. So far I haven't experienced the issue again, but it's only been a few hours. I will update again if the problem reoccurs, just in case someone else runs into the same issue.

3. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    the storage space for maintaining logs got filled up and cluttered.
    what you did is the fix.

just for grins, clear the cache once a week... most likely, that and other weird issues will never bother you again.

SamsungS3Owner likes this.
  4. SamsungS3Owner

None

Aug 17, 2016
    Female
    Ahh I'm so disappointed! Today the problem is back! I guess I will have to try to do a factory reset. If that doesn't work they indicated I will need to take the phone in to their service center and may have to have the phone shipped off for repair under warranty. I'm leaving for vacation so I wont be able to update this again for a couple of weeks.

5. SamsungS3Owner

None

Aug 17, 2016
    Female
    UPDATE: After performing the factory reset, I haven't experienced the issue with missed calls.