• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Missed Free Shipping

Mike_B

Apr 8, 2010
So, I missed the field needed to get the free overnight shipping. According to CS, they must cancel the order and cannot just remove the shipping charge. Does this some reasonable? Because it doesn't to me. Normally, I would just have them cancel it and I could resubmit it, but the problem is that I will have to wait 72 hours to be able to place the order again.

So, what would you do? Eat the $8 shipping? Not worry about the 72 hour delay? Or what?

I missed the Free Overnight shipping too when I originally ordered, but when I saw that there was a code (FREEOVERNT) I just called customer service (*611) and the nice lady was able to take down my order number and she called their "online sales team" who was able to update my order with the code. Hope that helps...I know I can't wait to get my new Incredible phone and trash my Crapberry Storm!

Reactions: ORD84
Upvote 0
Yeah, I just ordered a half hour ago and there weren't any options for shipping, It just said 'free'...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Due now: Detail of charges to be billed to account

Shipping: Free
Subtotal: $199.99
Tax**: $16.00

Charges will appear on your next bill: $215.99

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upvote 0
I'm going to order soon but on VZW there are all sorts of banners offering free overnight shipping. In fact, I've never not gotten it.

My guess with the differences is that even though VZW is one company nationwide, there are actually different regions that have slight differences (if you've ever gone through an "easy move" they explain it at that point...they literally have to close your account and reopen a new one in the new region). So maybe different regions are treating it differently? Perhaps some are choosing to ship 2 day on Tues the 27th instead of overnight to save on cost?

Upvote 0
I placed my order this morning around 8:30 AM CDT and it shows the same thing.

I called a CSR and she verified that the phone is shipping over night for free. I didn't know about a code until I read this thread.

I remember seeing a banner talking about either free activation or free overnight shipping on orders placed Friday-Monday. Not sure what the cut off time is for that.

Upvote 0
I placed my order this morning around 8:30 AM CDT and it shows the same thing.

I called a CSR and she verified that the phone is shipping over night for free. I didn't know about a code until I read this thread.

I remember seeing a banner talking about either free activation or free overnight shipping on orders placed Friday-Monday. Not sure what the cut off time is for that.

I also called to confirm my free overnight shipping. It IS there on my order. I ordered at midnight.

Is anyone's confirmation email showing them the applicable taxes that will be billed???

Mine only says 199.99

does that mean I don't pay for tax??

Upvote 0
I pre-ordered mine today, and they had overnight shipping included for free... Not sure but they must like me or something :)
Same here...
Shipping Option **** Overnight Shipping Free
Tax** $42.40
Total Due Today
(amount will be charged to your credit card) $572.39

I also called to confirm my free overnight shipping. It IS there on my order. I ordered at midnight.

Is anyone's confirmation email showing them the applicable taxes that will be billed???

Mine only says 199.99

does that mean I don't pay for tax??
Lucky you... I had tax. What state?

Upvote 0
Same here...
Shipping Option **** Overnight Shipping Free
Tax** $42.40
Total Due Today
(amount will be charged to your credit card) $572.39

Lucky you... I had tax. What state?

The "wonderful" state of Georgia for me.

Looks like I might be lucky and not have sales tax for online ordering. I also just ordered a 16gb class 6 microsd card from amazon. It was free shipping. The amount that was billed to my credit card was the list price on their website. ;)

Upvote 0
the reason people are having "issues" is because we are all getting different options when it comes to shipping.

for example i WAS NOT given a choice of overnight shipping AT ALL. i had to select between 2 different 2nd day shipping options.

some people are saying they just had a "free" option, others had the option of "free overnight" unlike I did which is why there is some confusion.

apparently it doesn't matter which shipping method was selected, we will all be getting them on 4/29 as long as we order before 4pm on 4/28 (keep in mind some people paid extra to get them earlier in the day on 4/29)

i hope this clears any confusion that may be left

Upvote 0
The "wonderful" state of Georgia for me.

Looks like I might be lucky and not have sales tax for online ordering. I also just ordered a 16gb class 6 microsd card from amazon. It was free shipping. The amount that was billed to my credit card was the list price on their website. ;)

Grabbed a 16gb microsdhc from amazon as well. Shipped out today! :)

Upvote 0
Grabbed a 16gb microsdhc from amazon as well. Shipped out today! :)

I would usually say that you are lucky that it went out today. Mine wont be sent out till tomorrow. buuut, I just remembered we won't have the phone till the 29th! :eek:

P.s. I am going to still say you're lucky, despite what I just wrote. Some one one here is allegedly getting it early from vzw. I'm assuming it's for "advertising the phone through word of mouth". Not even close to being Carnival... I mean fair. :D

And you also are going to have 24 more hours to organize all your sh(t onto your phone. also not carnival. I have 78gb of stufff I want on my phone that I need to condense to 16. this might take a while....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones