1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Missed my chance for the OTA Android 2.2 update. What to do?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rmattar23, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Rmattar23

Rmattar23 Member

Sep 3, 2010
    hey guys. my htc incredible was rooted and when i did finally get the notification to get the ota update, i started to download it but it didnt work cause i was rooted. Now after i unrooted, the ota update doesnt show up. what should i do guys? i really want the update and the manual updating isnt working for me.

Advertisement

2. Stinky Stinky

Stinky Stinky Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Monkey
    In a Dumpster!
    Hey there!

Try reinstalling the stock rom that came with the device maybe?

I hope this helps you...

Index of /shipped/Incredible

Gud luck dude!

Stinky Stinky

3. ls377

ls377 Active Member

Sep 7, 2010
    You can find the manual update online and run it.

4. 1SignGuy

1SignGuy New Member

Sep 7, 2010
    You might want to not do it..... I downloaded it and it has been a nightmare ever since. opens up apps and runs my battery down. even after closing apps with froyo app killer....they reopen on their own and I get about a third of the usage time out of a battery. Others have had keyboards quit working and others have their phones do major reboots on a regular basis. Both HTC and Verizion are aware of the problem.

5. El Ka-bong

El Ka-bong New Member

Sep 10, 2010
    This has been exactly my experience as well. Now I HAVE to learn to root just to get my phone working decent again. If I'd known, I wouldn't have upgraded.

I have an HTC Incredible & Verizon service.

6. Nimrud

Nimrud New Member

Sep 10, 2010
    If you miss the FOTA update, you won't be able to manually update. I just spoke to HTC "customer service", who emphatically said it is not possible to manually update. He said "maybe if you leave your wifi/ 3G connection on, you might get the message to update again, but no guarantees". It sucks. BTW mine is a HTC Desire.

7. dsmskyline

dsmskyline New Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Same problem here.

I loved the phone before the update, now I cant stand it.

The apps constantly opening themselves is uber annoying, I can no longer get through a day unless I unlock and kill all running apps constantly.

I can kill all running, close and reopen task killer and there will 3 or 4 apps open again.

I'm also having issues with the keyboard, type a message and send with no problem. get a response and tty to reply, keyboard doesn't work until I reboot phone.

Any possibility of downgrading back to 2.1?

This is on my Incredible aka UNincredible.

8. TXSooner

TXSooner Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Using the RUU you can update, what's the difference in doing it now or 3 weeks ago? There isn't. Do the RUU, then do a factory reset, Froyo will work without a hitch.

9. mjblaurock

mjblaurock Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Tigard, Oregon
    Froyo does not work without a hitch. At least not on my wife's Incredible. We did the update.zip to hers and had many problems. We then went through the hassle of doing a factory reset and nothing has changed. Horrible battery life and tons of force close issues. Phone is definitely snappier though. Hopefully they will send out a fix for this at some point in the near future.