1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Missing App Icon

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kdmagicman, Sep 17, 2011.

1. kdmagicman

kdmagicman Lurker
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    Ok, Here is my question or comment or concern. In the apps there is a program called "Clock" Well last night i set my alarm threw that app. Then later when i went to go back into it. It was GONE. It is no longer listed in the app's. The only way that i can get to it is if i do a search on it. I tried doing a factory reset on it tonight to try and fix it and the other issues that i was having with the phone. The factory reset helped the other issue, but did not bring back that "Clock" icon into the apps.

So i guess my question is Does any one have any suggestions on HOW to get it back? Cause that is the alarm clock that i use and would like to have it back in the list of app's.

Advertisement

2. picord

picord Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 16, 2010
    Male
    Automotive Wholesale Parts Purchaser
    Northern Ca. Bay Area
    this is a known problem most of us experienced after updating to Gingerbread.
    your options are as you mentioned to download a alarm app from the market or to do a full restore of your phone but more than likely the problem will return.
    Mine came back 3 times before I finally gave up and got the alarm app.

3. kdmagicman

kdmagicman Lurker
    None

Sep 17, 2011
    well i found a way around it, but still would like to have the icon back. I am just kind of picky like that. LOL

4. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert
    None

What did you do?

5. kdmagicman

kdmagicman Lurker
    None

Sep 17, 2011

Since i have the clock app as a gadget, i just tap it. It Does not fix the fact that the icon is missing and WHY it went missing. But i think with all the bad reviews that i am seeing on this phone doing things that it should not do, i may go and see if they will change me out to a better phone. Not sure what a better one is yet, but i will look around.