• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Missing Apps in Market

This issue is actually with some copy-protected flag set by the developers. It doesn't matter if its free or paid... if the flag is set, the program will not show in the market for the Eris or Hero. Some programs are back on the market because the developers changed this flag and re-posted the app. There is some side effect to this flag, but I dont understand what it entails. From what I understand, this is an HTC issue with the device ids of the phones.

This flag is important in some fashion so some developers will not update their code as its not an issue with the app itself. Those apps will not be in the market until HTC fixes the bug.

Upvote 0
This issue is actually with some copy-protected flag set by the developers. It doesn't matter if its free or paid... if the flag is set, the program will not show in the market for the Eris or Hero. Some programs are back on the market because the developers changed this flag and re-posted the app. There is some side effect to this flag, but I dont understand what it entails. From what I understand, this is an HTC issue with the device ids of the phones.

This flag is important in some fashion so some developers will not update their code as its not an issue with the app itself. Those apps will not be in the market until HTC fixes the bug.

Thanks so much for this post! Ran into this problem with Eris users not being able to see my app. Greatly appreciate the info!

Upvote 0
I know it is just a stupid app but I love it. I have furdiburb installed on my Eris. I can still play with it. But it no longer shows up in my downloads in app section. And when I search it isn't in the market. I can go to Androlib and it is there. I can scan the barcode and it finds it, but when I hit open browser it cannot be found. This is all after an update to the program. My husband has no problem with this app. It updated and he uses it and it shows up in the market with Moto Droid. Am so sad cuz my 'furdiburb' can't update!! LOL!!

Upvote 0
My understanding is that paid apps disappear from the Market after there is an update to the device because the new software is not registered with google. This is because of the copy protection on the paid apps. Can anyone confirm this?

I have several paid apps that I cannot update because I can't find them in the market.

Now my own question. If I do a hard reset will these apps "appear" in the market again or am I out of luck getting them back if they are wiped from my phone?

Upvote 0
Google must have fixed the market issue this afternoon -- this morning I was not able to find MobisleNotes nor Weatherbug Elite (as previously mentioned in the thread), but now both show up. With the reports of the other stuff showing back up this afternoon as well, its apparently fixed -- "for now".

However, I am still not going to purchase anymore paid apps until Google reassures us that this wont happen again after the NEXT round of Eris software updates. And the next... and the next after that. Since its happened after both MR1 and MR2, I am not willing to spend any more money until reassured that I wont have to wait 2 weeks to re-download paid apps again if I am for some reason forced to reset my phone after the next update.

Google: Fool me once, shame on you... Fool me twice, shame on me. *shrugs*

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones