1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Missing Apps?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stevcha, Feb 17, 2011.

1. stevcha

stevcha Android Expert

So I had some battery issues with MIUI and a new kernel I had flashed. I decided to to flash a new kernel. I did a wipe of cache and dalvik then flashed a zendroid kernel. I used RA recovery 2.3 to do the flash. When I booted my phone all of my apps were missing. I checked my internal memory stat and it still shows the same amount of space as it did before the apps went missing. When I check the SD card stats the A2SD+ as 0. I know when I looked at this prior it showed 400MB or something. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I always thought wiping dalvik and cache did not wipe your apps. I thought wiping data did this. Is this wrong?

Advertisement

2. stevcha

stevcha Android Expert

So I decided to restore a working nandroid. I then flashed the kernel without wiping cache/dalvik and it seems like the kernel zip wipes out some data as part of the install? Sure enough when I rebooted all of my apps were missing again. I don't remember this happening whenever I flashed a kernel with a Sense rom. Is this AOSP ROM or AOSP kernel specific?

3. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Are your apps internal or are you using a2sd (or froyo apps2sd)? Are all of you apps missing or just some/most of them?

4. stevcha

stevcha Android Expert

All my apps were missing and most were on internal memory.

5. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Was it just installed apps (that you got from the market) or even more than that? I've had apps disappear when flashing bad kernels before, but it wasn't everything. Have you tried redownloading the kernel (maybe it's a bad download). Also, do you have a link to the specific kernel you're using?

6. stevcha

stevcha Android Expert

It was just installed apps from the market. Here's the link to the kernel:

http://downloads.zen-kernel.org/zendroid/ZenDroid-1.1.0-CFS-svs-signed.zip

Thats the link I used from xda. I also hhad this happen when I first flashed one of the snap kernels with Miui. I didn't think much of it cause I only had a few apps installed.

7. stevcha

stevcha Android Expert

Just flashed Ziggy's latest beta for evo and no issues with missing apps.

8. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Must be an issue with that kernel. I'll have to research it some more if you still want to use it.

9. stevcha

stevcha Android Expert

Not a big deal. I think I might stick with Ziggy's barring any issues. Thanks!