1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps Missing AVD Dialog Chooser ?

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by ac4android, Mar 4, 2016.

1. ac4android

ac4android Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 3, 2015
    Hi.

Usually, when I click Run-> Run 'app', AS gives me an AVD Dialog Chooser from which I can select a virtual device that I've created using the AVD Manager.

It is not doing it anymore and is throwing the Edit Configuration screen instead.

When I go back to the AVD Manager to start an AVD, the AVD just hangs and the cryptic message "emulator: UpdateChecker: skipped version check"

AVDChooser.JPG

I've just got my Google Maps working after a lot of work on the XML files and the project structure version combinations, I would very much like to get the chooser dialog back in order to start the AVD.

P.S. Gradle build and everything else finished successfully. I was able to runt he app all the way to displaying the Google Maps. My codes could not have caused that.

P.P.S. Aha, I missed the pop-up telling me "Error running app:Unable to obtain debug bridge"

Advertisement

#1 ac4android, Mar 4, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  2. LV426

LV426 I say we take off and nuke this place from orbit

Oct 16, 2015
    Male
    Software developer
    South West of England
    As the error says at the bottom of the dialog, your Android SDK can't be found

In AS select File -> Settings
    In the displayed dialog, go to Appearance and Behaviour -> System Settings -> Android SDK

Set the correct path for the Android SDK location

3. ac4android

ac4android Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 3, 2015
    Thanks.

The directory is there, but A/S went and updated the Android SDK and now the app won't display the maps again becaise it is missing "Google Play Services", which I mist have installed x-th number of times