1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Missing Calls since Rooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by adirrtymind, Jun 16, 2011.

1. adirrtymind

adirrtymind Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2010
    Hey Ya'll

Since rooting my phone about 2 months ago, I have noticed an incline in the amount of missed calls. Most of the time, even know the phone is on 24/7, the phone doesn't even ring or show that someone is calling. I'll literally have the phone by my side, and WOW there's a voicemail. No response from the phone whatsoever - no sound, no screen lighting up, nothing.

I'm wondering if this is more of a Verizon side of things, or if it may have something to do with the rooting?

I've rooted to SCH-I500, 2.2.1 - if there is an update, or another root that you recommend me trying, please do let me know. I have missed 2 job offers because of this problem. If i have to root back to the original firmware, please do let me know where I can find it.

I will also point out, I am not very "tech savvy" so if you need more information, do let me know EXACTLY what you need. :) Thanks for any help you can provide!

Advertisement

2. tgulch22

tgulch22 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 22, 2010
    Paramedic
    Perrysburg, OH
    Not a rooting only problem. I have heard of many people with this exact problem. Not sure if it is VZW or just Fascinate. I actually have missed fewer, almost no calls, since rooting and am currently on Comm Rom 2.0 with Ed03 modem.

3. ggt1_02

ggt1_02 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 29, 2010
    It is not something you have done simply by rooting, all that did was grant super user rights to the phone.

First you need to figure out which radio you are using. To do this go to Settings>About Phone. Scroll down to the baseband version. For instance mine says S:i500.04 V.ED04. If yours says ED03, ED01, EA28 consider upgrading to ED04.

This can be done one of two ways, returning to stock and allowing the OTA updates to run, or if you have clockwork recovery installed you can follow the instructions in THIS post to upgrade the radio.

Since you are rooted purchase the titanium backup app from the market to back everything up. This way if you choose to do a factory reset you won't lose all those angry birds levels you worked so hard for.

There is a lot of info out there, I would recommend doing some research and reading up in how to recover your phone if you have an issue. Good Luck!

4. s44

s44 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 1, 2010
    This is probably fallout from Verizon's great 3g/4g ***********.