1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Missing calls

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DJankowski, May 26, 2011.

1. DJankowski

DJankowski Lurker

After i got the 2.2 update i have had people calling me and they are not going through on my end. Is anyone else having this problem?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hkirkman

hkirkman Newbie

I am having this same problem! My aunt got the fascinate Sunday and she is as well. She called Verizon today and they told her to change a setting. We both tried it but it didn't help. The guy told her to go to settings, wireless & network, mobile network, system selection, and change it to automatic a if it was on automatic b (ours were). He then said to take the battery out for 10 seconds. You can give this a try, maybe you'll have better luck. I'm probably going to the Verizon store sometime this weekend...

3. prncrakim

prncrakim Lurker

Same problem here, frustrating.

4. Leonard1818

Leonard1818 Android Enthusiast

YES! every now and then. All the sudden I'll have a voicemail. sweet.

Remember when cell phones used to actually make and receive calls reliably?

5. hkirkman

hkirkman Newbie

I called Verizon this morning myself. I was told to take the battery out of my phone so they could reset the firmware. After I turned it back on, I was told to dial *228, option 1 to reactivate it. The phone rebooted, then I was told to dial *228 option 2 to update the roaming status. The guy told me that he recommended doing this at least once a month, but it DID NOT fix my phone! I ended up going to Verizon. I explained that I was definitely not the only one having this problem. They told me they really had no idea why it hasn't been working right. They think it may be the Verizon network. They said they are installing the 4g stuff and it could be interfering with the service. Not sure I believe that because my mom's iphone is working fine and mine did before 2.2. He basically said I can deal with it, or get a refurbished phone. I really don't think it's fair that you pay so much a month to have a phone, pay for insurance, and you can't get a new phone without paying $600 for the retail price. What a joke...

6. sandystorm

sandystorm Well-Known Member

Im having same damn problem and if they dont leave voice mail I dont know someone called until they tell me later they called. This is not good

7. gs69350

gs69350 Lurker

Having same issue. Have had my Fascinate a little bit over a week. Spent 45 mins on phone with VZW tech support, they checked all the settings and "reset" their side of the network connection.... As soon as I got off the phone with them, I missed another call....

Hope there is a fix for this soon.

8. underd86

underd86 Member

same issue for my wifes and daughters fascinate's. seemed to happen after the update but also we are getting 4g in a couple weeks.

9. esn

esn Android Enthusiast

This is a major issue for me I have been talking to Verizon for weeks with no answer or fix. Then they decided to send me a different device the droid incredible 2 , it works but not close to the Fascinate and it features.

10. bobhaha

bobhaha Lurker

i found this article from About.com. Hope it can help.
    Here is the article.

11. tgulch22

tgulch22 Android Enthusiast

It was a problem with the phone, and it was fixed about a month ago with the ED05 update.

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews