• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Missing Camera Mode tab in Note 10 camera setting

Charles Lee

Feb 17, 2020
I tried to set my camera mode to remember last setting. Following the instructions I found online, I got to the camera setting. But there is no Camera Mode tab. All other tabs appear to be there except the Camera Mode. I tired to update my software, but it shows my software is updated. Is the tab hidden somewhere?

Reactions: Dannydet
Sorry. Turns out the instructions was for S10. In Camera mode there was a switch that will allow you to remember the last setting. The Camera mode has been eliminated in the Note10 update. I want to launch the camera in the video mode when I launch it remotely with the S pen. But it always launch into the photo mode. How can I launch in in the video mode instead?

Upvote 0
Sorry. Turns out the instructions was for S10. In Camera mode there was a switch that will allow you to remember the last setting. The Camera mode has been eliminated in the Note10 update. I want to launch the camera in the video mode when I launch it remotely with the S pen. But it always launch into the photo mode. How can I launch in in the video mode instead?

Probably script something using Tasker, which I have found to be the most useful until.

Upvote 0
How can I launch in in the video mode instead?
By using a better camera app? :)

I just tested both of mine; they remain in video mode if that's how I leave them. One, Motorola's camera, came with my device; the other, Open Camera, is available to all. You can try it, or other camera apps, and see if that solves the problem.

Upvote 0
By using a better camera app? :)

I just tested both of mine; they remain in video mode if that's how I leave them. One, Motorola's camera, came with my device; the other, Open Camera, is available to all. You can try it, or other camera apps, and see if that solves the problem.
Yes, it does after a while. But if you leave the camera app turn off for a while, it will open in the photo mode again. But I found a solution. I can use the S pen air motion to change the mode remotely. So the problem is solved.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones