• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Missing contact (s)?

Moogle

Jun 22, 2010
I just added a friend at work - name and number. I went to call her - and she didn't show up in the people list.

I type in her number again, dial it (so I know I at least have it stored temporarily that way), and her name comes up. I can edit her contact details from there, but I have no way of seeing her once it drops out of call history.

I get my phone to show all contacts, even those without numbers - and she's not even there.

Yet through the phone history I can see her contact card. She doesn't appear stored as a phone contact (I have one there, though I'm not sure how!)

ARgh?

Edit:
I've deleted and readded manually - but how do I find out if I have other hidden contacts? I definitely have at least one stored on gmail that doesn't appear to come up when I start dialling their name... GRR!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones