1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Missing CyanogenMod Settings

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by binary_jester, Feb 7, 2011.

1. binary_jester

binary_jester Newbie

I have had my Droid X for less than a week. I rooted and attempted to install a MOD last night.
    I followed the steps from here:
    Motorola Droid: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki
    using the second method via recovery. I downloaded and installed CyanogenMod 6 - 20101114 under HDPI
    Rebooted and reinstalled all my apps. I assumed I was running CM6 since it booted, but I don't see the setting menu it mentions.

..and I am fully prepared to be flamed for being a complete noob. I searched for this topic and didn't find anything, so let me apologize up front.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

i was unaware we could even flash cyanogenmod, all because of our locked bootloader, but there may be something others can help you with.

but from what i know, cyanogenmod cannot be on the DX because of the locked bootloader

3. binary_jester

binary_jester Newbie

Hmm...like I said, I assumed it worked because my phone is functional, but just missing that settings option. I still have everything backed up and now wondering if I should use a different ROM - I now have ROM manager premium installed

4. k0smo86

k0smo86 Android Enthusiast

It didn't install, there is no build for the Droid X.

binary_jester likes this.
  5. binary_jester

binary_jester Newbie

Well that makes more sense. Should I attempt at using Liberty then? I see that one mentioned quite often.

6. tom108

tom108 Android Expert

Liberty or Fission roms are the closest you will get to cyanogen right now. stable anyways. Liberty has a nice toolbox and settings menu.

binary_jester likes this.
  7. binary_jester

binary_jester Newbie

Liberty 1.5 successfully installed. You all have my eternal gratitude.

8. tom108

tom108 Android Expert

glad i could help ;)

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews