• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Missing/delayed calls (possible temp. network vision growing pains)

Man, the network sucked eggs today. I guess everyone came to town for the fireworks and the network was just clogged to death. I couldn't text or place/receive calls for a while, but mostly 3G throughput was dismal. The network upgrades can't come soon enough. I have never been dissatisfied with Sprint's network until very recently.

Upvote 0
I can confirm that I've had missed calls and slow/broken texts on my phone (Moto Photon) as well over the past six months. It can be random and sometimes a reboot fixes it (I'll get a flood of texts when the phone comes back up). Nothing recently, though, so I'm hoping it's a sign of Network Vision work. Data speeds have been atrocious as of late, though, so no argument there.

Reactions: PattiCakeUS
Upvote 0
Is anyone else have a problem with a delay when they try to make a phone call?

I go into the phone app, use the phone pad to look up the name of the person I am going to call (I've only noticed it when I trying to call someone already in my contacts), tap on their name/number and then...nothing happens.

Actually, that's not true, the icon with their name/number/picture wiggles to indicate that I hit it, but that's it. I hit it again and the same thing, wiggle-no call.

After trying to make a call to anyone in my call log I hit the home button to try and see if the touch screen is goofed up and it goes right to the home screen. Then after 5-6 seconds the call is placed.

I have restarted it, help the power button down to 'reboot' it, updated my prl and profile, but none of it seems to help.

This doesn't happen very often (1-2 time a week), but it seems to be getting more frequent. As far as I can recall I didn't have this problem prior to the last update (July?).

Thanks for any advice/information!

GBA

Upvote 0
I've seen this on other handsets and in various parts of the country.

Its more a network issue than a phone issue. Other forums have had discussions about this.

I've seen this pre update as well.

If it becomes problematic for you, contact sprint tier two and give them your zip codes where you are seeing this issue.

Upvote 0
Sorry to ask such a noobish question but frankly I have never considered bothering before -- is there a way to tweak the umm ... tower priority (is that it?) with this phone? I remember on some other sprint phones in the past you could enter programming through the dialer and tweak your network settings to decrease problems with the connection.

I have never had reason to consider it, but I do now, bigtime.

Upvote 0
Sorry to ask such a noobish question but frankly I have never considered bothering before -- is there a way to tweak the umm ... tower priority (is that it?) with this phone? I remember on some other sprint phones in the past you could enter programming through the dialer and tweak your network settings to decrease problems with the connection.

I have never had reason to consider it, but I do now, bigtime.

The setting exists, I have never been convinced that it does anything though

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones