• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Missing e-mails on EVO

kentpavelka

Jun 27, 2010
Out of the blue, I have started to have e-mails disappear on my HTC EVO. I've exhaustively looked at the settings on the EVO and in Outlook. Now, I suspect perhaps a setting in Mailwasher Pro 6.51 may be the problem! The e-mails on the EVO seem to go away after I have successfully downloaded and viewed in Outlook and on the handheld. They disappear on the EVO after I then mark, and execute, all e-mails for deletion in Mailwasher.

By the way, this started happening after I installed K-9 e-mail client on the EVO. However, I have gone back to using the standard EVO e-mail program. Having same problem with both programs. Wondering if maybe I should uninstall K-9.

Repeating though, it seems to be connected to deleting messages from Mailwasher after they have been successfully downloaded & viewed.

Just sent an e-mail from one of my pop accounts to my gmail account. Allowed it to pass through Mailwasher ...downloaded and viewed it in Gmail on PC. Then, marked it for deletion in Mailwasher...ran it through....and it disappeared in Gmail on PC. Solidifies my suspicion it's a Mailwasher setting...not an issue with EVO, Outlook, Gmail.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones