1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Missing FM radio in lenovo

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Shaji14, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Shaji14

Shaji14 Lurker

I'm using lenovo x3 and it not having Radio app inbuilt. Is there any possibility to get FM radio. Pl someone help on this.

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

None. FM Radio would need an additional antenna inside the phone to receive FM signals. No app can replace that.

Hadron likes this.
  3. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

4. BustaLime

BustaLime Member

Some FM apps require that you have your earphones plugged in to work as they use them for the antenna.

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

I think all actual FM apps require this :). Those that don't are not really FM.

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Not exactly. The headset only serves as an extension of the antenna. There still needs to be a receiver in the phone that will interpret the signals. The headset is just a piece of wire. It can't replace an antenna.

7. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Not really. I have a Samsung dumb phone that has actual FM that doesn't need a headset as an antenna extension. The back cover serves that antenna purpose.

8. BustaLime

BustaLime Member

Sorry I should have been more accurate. The phone has to have a FM chip to receive an FM signal. If you fire up the FM app you get the message to plug in the earphone in order to receive an FM signal. My phone doesn't have a radio chip and I get a message telling me so.