• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Missing Market and Gmail?

Dream

Android Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2009
Twin Cities
So I rooted my Incredible a couple days ago and decided to go back to my stock rom (yes I did the backup before) because roms are too buggy for me. So I flashed back my backup and now my Gmail and the Market is missing. I cant figure it out for the life of me how to get them back. HELP! :thinking:

I was running the CyanogenMod roms using ROM manager. I tested most of them out, and they seem to run fine, but some very minor bugs just are not for me. Im still rooted, just running the stock rom and I downloaded some "root user" only apps and deleted all the bloat apps on my phone. Couldn't be any happier.

Upvote 0
I figured you were using CM, so if you want it go back to CM forum and under your phone section find the thread for NB/RC/SR tree you will see GApp.zip what you need to do is flash it though recovery as you flashed it with rom.zip as its standalone package which you have to flash everytime as it gives you option to what you want to install as by default its not added as most people don't use all Google service.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones