• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Missing my Nexus One :(

Ngo93

Android Enthusiast
Feb 24, 2010
plus.google.com
Last week my N1's LCD inexplicably cracked and soon after the display was not showing anything at all. So I sent it in to Dr. Cell Phone and now I'm still waiting for it to return. I called in and they said that they were backed up this week so they might not ship the phone until tomorrow or the day after.. missing my Nexus One!! :(

Last week my N1's LCD inexplicably cracked and soon after the display was not showing anything at all. So I sent it in to Dr. Cell Phone and now I'm still waiting for it to return. I called in and they said that they were backed up this week so they might not ship the phone until tomorrow or the day after.. missing my Nexus One!! :(

how much did they charge you?.. my wife's N1s LCD broke and we need to replace it:mad:

Upvote 0
how much did they charge you?.. my wife's N1s LCD broke and we need to replace it:mad:

It cost $125 x.x
Calling them is kind of sketchy though.. whenever I call I almost never get an answer. 1 time an employee answered, transferred me to another line and then an operator voice came up telling me no one was available to answer. I then called back and no one answered. Hopefully I get my phone back soon =/

Upvote 0
It cost $125 x.x
Calling them is kind of sketchy though.. whenever I call I almost never get an answer. 1 time an employee answered, transferred me to another line and then an operator voice came up telling me no one was available to answer. I then called back and no one answered. Hopefully I get my phone back soon =/

And you still sent it to them? If that is the kind of service I got from a company I wouldn't be sending my stuff to them, what happens if they keep stalling? Who are you going to call?

Upvote 0
And you still sent it to them? If that is the kind of service I got from a company I wouldn't be sending my stuff to them, what happens if they keep stalling? Who are you going to call?
I did not know that their service would be like that. Most of the posts I read across the forums gave this company a very good review. The first time I called before I sent it in they answered the phone and answered all of my questions. But after my phone was shipped is when they started becoming sketchy..

Upvote 0
I did not know that their service would be like that. Most of the posts I read across the forums gave this company a very good review. The first time I called before I sent it in they answered the phone and answered all of my questions. But after my phone was shipped is when they started becoming sketchy..

Ok good, wouldn't want to see a fellow member get ripped off, let us know how the repair came out.

Upvote 0
Well I got my Nexus One back today and it is working fine, although the work they did leaves some to be desired. Here's how the final result came out:

I'll start with the negatives. I notice now that the auto brightness feature works terribly compared to how it used to, so I'm guessing that the light sensor may have been corrupted a bit. The color of the screen is off... it's not as colorful and vibrant as it used to be. There is a strand of dust stuck inside the screen now, there's a scratch on the back of the phone on the bottom half where the bezel meets the soft matte material and on the upper half of the back of the phone there are some markings on it that I have been trying to wipe off.

On the bright side, the LCD is fixed! :D
And they may have (maybe?) fixed my power button? It's not a service I see on there site but before I sent my phone in my power button was about almost broken. I would have to click it really hard to make it work and even then it would take a lot of tries before it worked. Now today I clicked it twice (not really hard) and it worked both times. Well I only use it to turn on my phone in the event it happens to turn off but if they fixed the button then that is a bonus to me! ^^

Edit: Wow.. now the phone speaker is complete garbage. I can barely hear anything from it, almost missed my alarm clock today because it is so messed up. Honestly, I could've dealt with all the other problems, but this is just a big 1. I don't think this company will be getting any business from me in the future...

Upvote 0
Are you sure it's your phone, or did they swap it (to then fix your phone and swap to the next customer).

Well I got my Nexus One back today and it is working fine, although the work they did leaves some to be desired. Here's how the final result came out:

I'll start with the negatives. I notice now that the auto brightness feature works terribly compared to how it used to, so I'm guessing that the light sensor may have been corrupted a bit. The color of the screen is off... it's not as colorful and vibrant as it used to be. There is a strand of dust stuck inside the screen now, there's a scratch on the back of the phone on the bottom half where the bezel meets the soft matte material and on the upper half of the back of the phone there are some markings on it that I have been trying to wipe off.

On the bright side, the LCD is fixed! :D
And they may have (maybe?) fixed my power button? It's not a service I see on there site but before I sent my phone in my power button was about almost broken. I would have to click it really hard to make it work and even then it would take a lot of tries before it worked. Now today I clicked it twice (not really hard) and it worked both times. Well I only use it to turn on my phone in the event it happens to turn off but if they fixed the button then that is a bonus to me! ^^

Edit: Wow.. now the phone speaker is complete garbage. I can barely hear anything from it, almost missed my alarm clock today because it is so messed up. Honestly, I could've dealt with all the other problems, but this is just a big 1. I don't think this company will be getting any business from me in the future...

Upvote 0
Are you sure it's your phone, or did they swap it (to then fix your phone and swap to the next customer).

No, it is my phone because it still had CM7 and my Amon Ra recovery on it. But I emailed them about the problem and they told me to send it back in so they can take a look at it. I shipped it out and it should arrive there Thursday, I will keep you guys updated on what happens. Here we go again...

Upvote 0
Well I got my phone back 2 days ago. Everything seems to be in order just about.. The light sensor still doesn't work as it used to but I can deal with that (and the specs of dust littered inside the screen now). But they fixed the speaker so it's all good, my upgrade will be coming in a few months so I will probably use that to get the Nexus Prime ^^

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones