1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Missing .nv _data.bak and md5 files?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bazooka Tooth, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Bazooka Tooth

Bazooka Tooth Newbie

As title says really, what should I do to get these back?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

That looks like a screwed up efs file which you posted about on the General Forum I believe. The efs file and the information that it contains is unique to your phone and therefore you cannot use another phone's efs file.

As you are rooted you may have saved a copy if you followed the advice in the Rooting Galaxy S2 - Dummies Guide, post #2. Also, if you flashed some of the custom kernels such as Siyah or Dorimanx, they also back up your efs files for you automatically in case of such problems.

If you have no backup copies of your efs file then you will need to take it to a Samsung Service Point.

3. Bazooka Tooth

Bazooka Tooth Newbie

Yes it's the same issue, sorry I posted again as I didn't seem to be getting any replies, I actually saved the efs on my PC before I rooted the phone but unfortunately I tried putting it back on the phone but it didn't work and now I've sold the laptop so I don't have access to the file anyway, looks like my only course of action now is to make an insurance claim and get a new phone, thanks for the help ironass

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews