1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Missing Pictures

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sarah73, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Sarah73

Sarah73 Lurker

Anyone have a fix for pictures disappearing and being replaced with a grey box with an exclamation mark in it?

I have been reviewing many posts online and in this forum and the issue goes back to at least the S7 series, but all of the answers I have found point to a corrupt SD card being the culprit. Problem is, I don't even have an SD card in the phone. Pics are being saved to the internal storage.

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

are you using google photos? if not you should. i never have to worry about my photos i take as they are automatically uploaded and backed up. what is even better, is that i can take a photo, wait for it to sync, and hop on my computer and retrieve the photo without ever having connecting via usb to my phone to the pc.

edit: how are you viewing the pictures? what app are you using?

#2 ocnbrze, Jun 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  3. Sarah73

Sarah73 Lurker

Thanks for the response. I am not using Google or anything for a backup yet, as I just got the phone and haven't set everything up. I will probably sync with Onedrive as my backup so going forward it will be fine, and the pictures I lost weren't important, but still a little unhappy that my brand new phone, at the price point of an S20 Plus, has that kind of a major issue right out of the gate. :(

I am trying to view the pictures in the gallery that is on the phone.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

can you view the photos if you hook up the phone to a computer?

MrJavi and Dannydet like this.

Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus release date was 6 March. Features and Specs include a 6.7" inch screen, 64MP camera, 12GB RAM, Exynos 990 or Snapdragon 865 processor, and 4500mAh battery.

6 March
Release Date
Reviews