• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Missing Play Store Credit/Free Items

Honey Badger

Nov 30, 2011
So I never received the $25 credit or anything that was supposed to come with it. I tried calling Google yesterday, after waiting over an hour on hold someone picked up and dropped my call.

I was about to call them back, but it looks like the number was removed from the "How to get your promo credit" page.. Anyone know what the number is?

Thanks.

You can't get the credit unless 3 factors have been met. 1) No other account has received the $25 credit via your nexus 7. 2) You have a working credit card set up on your google wallet account, and said card has not already received the $25 credit from a different nexus 7 or account. 3) Your account has not already received a $25 credit via a different nexus 7.

In other words, eligibility for the $25 credit is limited to one account, credit card, or nexus 7. You can read more about it here: http://goo.gl/FhLyA

Upvote 0
Have you tried signing into the play store?

Yes, I have signed into the play store, I have signed into Gmail, and every Google app on here. I have downloaded apps and I have made sure every Google app is set to sync.

I can't think of anything else that can be done!

I went to the Play store on my PC and went to "My Orders & Settings" and there is nothing there except what I have downloaded myself.

Upvote 0
I got Nexus 7 from Staples. Anyhow, I can't find the movie and I can't get my credit card to register with the 25 dollar credit. I noticed that even though the nexus appeared brand new...sticky clear covering was still on the screen, but the seal was broken on the box. Could this mean that someone used the credit for this Nexus? I did a factory reset, but still can't get the freebies. I can't even find the movie on the store.

Upvote 0
I got Nexus 7 from Staples. Anyhow, I can't find the movie and I can't get my credit card to register with the 25 dollar credit. I noticed that even though the nexus appeared brand new...sticky clear covering was still on the screen, but the seal was broken on the box. Could this mean that someone used the credit for this Nexus? I did a factory reset, but still can't get the freebies. I can't even find the movie on the store.

I believe the credit is tied to our account when you activate an N7, so the unsealed box shouldn't be a problem there. Some folks in this thread have had success by doing a factory reset and re-registering their N7, so you could try that.`

Upvote 0
I already had a Google account. As soon as I logged in to my N7 i got the following email. I hope everyone else gets figured out

Your $25.00 Google Play balance is ready to use.

To get you started with your Nexus 7, we've given you $25.00 credit to spend on Google Play. Pick your favorite entertainment from more than 600,000 apps and games, millions of eBooks and songs, thousands of movies, and a growing selection of TV shows and magazines.
Your Google Play balance is ready to use right away: to start, just go to the Google Play store and start shopping. During check out, choose "Google Play balance" as your payment method and enjoy your selection."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones