• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Missing Screens

mecampo

Jun 10, 2010
Cypress, TX
I recently flashed Mikfroyo 4.5 and then netarchy 4.3.2 more havs. I was expecting to loose an issue but i failed. Issue was when i reboot my screens are gone then i would need to reboot again to have it have it back and at times more than once. I'm using Go Launcher EX as launcher and my setup is in my signature. Oh and this was happening with 4.4 too so it may not be an issue with the rom, kernel perhaps :( i even tried the less havs but just the same.

Please advise.

Thanks.

edit: i rebooted again it i have an error regarding a com.lock.settings has stopped unexpectedly :(

I recently flashed Mikfroyo 4.5 and then netarchy 4.3.2 more havs. I was expecting to loose an issue but i failed. Issue was when i reboot my screens are gone then i would need to reboot again to have it have it back and at times more than once. I'm using Go Launcher EX as launcher and my setup is in my signature. Oh and this was happening with 4.4 too so it may not be an issue with the rom, kernel perhaps :( i even tried the less havs but just the same.

Please advise.

Thanks.

edit: i rebooted again it i have an error regarding a lockscreen force closing :(

Can you lock your home screens in memory? I know I have this option in LauncherPro

Upvote 0
just selective apps like angry birds, then restored a go launcher ex backup

Was the backup made in go launcher? Maybe try two different things - try a different launcher (with a little customization) and see if the same sort of thing happens. Then wipe cache/data for go launcher in manage applications, uninstall it, reboot, reinstall it, then set a few settings in go launcher manually, and see if it still happens. That will help you determine if it's a problem with go launcher (or go launcher settings) or a problem with the system.

Upvote 0
Was the backup made in go launcher? Maybe try two different things - try a different launcher (with a little customization) and see if the same sort of thing happens. Then wipe cache/data for go launcher in manage applications, uninstall it, reboot, reinstall it, then set a few settings in go launcher manually, and see if it still happens. That will help you determine if it's a problem with go launcher (or go launcher settings) or a problem with the system.

i cant reboot so i decided to wipe everything again and start from scratch, i will flash mikfroyo 4.5 and then netarchy 4.3.2 more havs no sbc ... do a nandroid ... then mess with it again. by the way i restored my apps thru app list backup so i still do it one by one and then data only from tb although for the go launcher ex it has its own backup utility.

i'll update once up and running again ...

thanks y' all

edit: restored mikfroyo 4.5 and netarchy 4.3.2 no sbc more havs, unfortunately it may take some time to do physical backups and nandroid so i'll update again as soon as i can.

edit1: just taking it easy doing manual restores and hesitant to load go launcher ex. i'll do it tommorow, I hope :)

edit2: im sticking with stock launcher for now, all apps restored and some data and no errors encountered. i may restore go launcher ex later but wont restore i'll just start from scratch. thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones