1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Missing space? Memory low? How I cleared 47MB!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by daveman, Jun 8, 2011.

1. daveman

daveman Newbie
    None

Feb 12, 2011
    GF phone running out of space all the time I was like holy crap you only got like 5 things installed. checked and checked and found EZwifi had 47Mb of data stored so i cleared it.

Advertisement

jabbawest likes this.
  2. jabbawest

jabbawest Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 8, 2011
    Male
    Level III Support Dallas County
    Fountain of Lamneth
    Good tip. I had no idea it was storing and or not cleaning up that much data.
    On the other hand, you really don't need EasyWiFi.
    I thought I would miss it but it's just another annoyance that wastes battery life as it looks for open hotspots.
    It's really just a GUI to show and connect you to hotspots but the default WiFI utility is also doing that, it just doesn't give you the feedback that EasyWiFi does.

3. daveman

daveman Newbie
    None

Feb 12, 2011
    I like easywifi cause you dont have to click on the agreement screen on many wifi hotspots to enable internet access. i don't know of any other apps that do that.

4. starstress

starstress Android Enthusiast
    None

Yeah I agree with jabba, the default wifi does great, I ve never encountered the agreement screen, When Im at or around a krystals or mcdonalds or hotel it just connects automatically

5. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    Instead of deleting mine, i froze it with Titanium. I cleared the cache first. Mine would jump back up to over 10MB in just an hour or so after clearing it.

6. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Android Expert
    None

EasyWiFi is the biggest space hog and battery drain. It constantly connects to the internet in the background downloading data and monitoring WiFi even when WiFi is turned off. You'll know it's at it when your WiFi MAC is active but your WiFi isn't. I learned that 2 days after I got my phone, lol. After my 7 day grace period I was quick to root and freeze it.

Tags: