• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Missing them

I miss them both and some others too.
Same here, and I posted a sort of related thread a while ago.

I'd love to hear from certain old-timers; I wonder where they are, what they're doing, if they're okay. I'd even like to see certain banished members come back, but behave themselves better this time!

And how are you doing today? :)

Reactions: ocnbrze and tommo47
Upvote 0
Yeah, I worry about Rico, as I believe he'd had health problems before. And I've wondered about Andy, who just disappeared without warning. Of course as he's a staff member it's possible that the mods know more, but if so they may not be able to say (what happens in the staff forum stays in the staff forum).

Upvote 0
Of course as he's a staff member it's possible that the mods know more,
Or not, as in my case. I simply disappeared without a word. PMs, e-mails went unread/unacknowledged.

A year+ later, when I was well enough to just post briefly, I let them know privately what had happened--and that I'd never shirk my duties here without a REALLY good reason!

If something similar is going on with psionandy, I can only hope that he's on the mend, and will return one day and resume being part of our AF family. Something, perhaps not health-related, caused his absence; whatever it was, I just hope he's okay. And I hope he knows he's missed.

Upvote 0
If something similar is going on with psionandy, I can only hope that he's on the mend, and will return one day and resume being part of our AF family. Something, perhaps not health-related, caused his absence; whatever it was, I just hope he's okay. And I hope he knows he's missed.

I second that, he used to joke about us living round the corner from each other, he in Liverpool, me in Llangollen, separated by the England/Wales border of course. Then I moved to Southport which was even nearer - and no border :thinking:. I did think about seeing if we could meet up - I wish I had.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Or not, as in my case. I simply disappeared without a word. PMs, e-mails went unread/unacknowledged.

A year+ later, when I was well enough to just post briefly, I let them know privately what had happened--and that I'd never shirk my duties here without a REALLY good reason!

Aye, I'd considered that possibility. Just hoping it's nothing like that.

Upvote 0
and how are you doing today? :)

Much better thanks Moody, the stent was fitted midday, and within an hour of coming out of sedation I'd enjoyed two coffees and a pint of water - happy days:D:D:D, and looking forward to at least one yoghurt for breakfast - even happier days :D:D:D:D:D.

Upvote 0
Much better thanks Moody, the stent was fitted midday, and within an hour of coming out of sedation I'd enjoyed two coffees and a pint of water - happy days:D:D:D, and looking forward to at least one yoghurt for breakfast - even happier days :D:D:D:D:D.
Yippee! Cause for celebration! :D

Keep up the good work. You'll be taking your long walks again soon.

Reactions: ocnbrze and tommo47
Upvote 0
If it's Rico Android that you're talking about (looked and there seems to be a Rico and a Rico Android), from elsewhere I was aware that he had serious health problems in the past that kept him from participating on such sites as this. I hope he doesn't mind me mentioning, but lots of people miss him and we hope he is feeling ok. Some time back sent him a PM but no response. That's not like him. His profile says he hasn't been around here in 45 weeks.Really am worried.

Upvote 0
I was wrong about the format but I've located his last post, bless him :-

Screenshot_20191221-183622.png

Upvote 0
Monkeyboy is gone gone. I think it was Option 2; completely remove.
Damn, you're right: I just tried tagging him and the system doesn't list him :(
If it's Rico Android that you're talking about (looked and there seems to be a Rico and a Rico Android), from elsewhere I was aware that he had serious health problems in the past that kept him from participating on such sites as this. I hope he doesn't mind me mentioning, but lots of people miss him and we hope he is feeling ok. Some time back sent him a PM but no response. That's not like him. His profile says he hasn't been around here in 45 weeks.Really am worried.
I was wrong about the format but I've located his last post, bless him :-

View attachment 146382
That post is ominous. Wish Rico would reappear.
Oh shit..... :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones