• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Missing titles

Bill G Harley

Lurker
Feb 23, 2017
Just received the Android 9.0 (pie) update from Verizon on my Galazy S8+ a few days ago.
One thing I noticed that in the Google icon, clicking the more icons give a list of various other applets to open.
Small icons only are showing and titles are missing.
Bug or as designed?

Thanks.
Screenshot_20190510-081923_Google.jpg

Here's screenshots to get to where I was. No additional settings options in "... more"

ok first of all you should resize your screenshots to fit in forums. i use tinypic and make sure you select the size option for message boards.

second i'm still not understanding where this menu is from. is it in your phone's settings? or is that from your chrome browser?

Upvote 0
Just received the Android 9.0 (pie) update from Verizon on my Galazy S8+ a few days ago.
One thing I noticed that in the Google icon, clicking the more icons give a list of various other applets to open.
Small icons only are showing and titles are missing.
Bug or as designed?

Thanks.View attachment 141764
Must be a Pie thing! On Oreo, it has handy-dandy text after each icon explaining what it's for.

I'm guessing it's a bug that will be addressed in an update. If they intended to have icons only, why use a list format instead of a grid? All that white space, and the inconvenience of having to scroll down to see all the icons, just doesn't make sense.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones