• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Missing Vibrate Option?

GreatGoo

May 8, 2010
I must be losing my mind. For the life of me I can no longer figure out how to put my phone on vibrate. I use to be able to toggle my volume button down to switch to vibrate. I tried to do it today and there is no longer an option. Just silent and various ringer volumes.

What am I missing?

Okay I think I'm on to something here. When i go into the volume control is has an vibrate option of always, never, Only in Silent mode, and Only when not in Silent mode.

I like to put my phone on silent at night and don't want to get vibrations during the night. I put the phone to vibrate "Only when not in Silent mode" and the vibration option goes away. When I put it to "always" the vibration, silent, and volumes options then appear. Whats the deal?

Upvote 0
settings/sound set it to vibrate "only in silent mode"

that is what mine is set too. I then get the three options when holding down the volume. Silent/Vibrate/ then volume up.

for vibrate on text message. Open the text messaging app. Settings/ scroll down to notifications/click on vibrate and select "always"

This did work, thank you! I can now put my phone on vibrate instead of just ring.

But now I have another issue. So in vibrate mode, when I get a phone call my phone vibrates like expected. For some reason though when in vibrate mode my other app notifications (text, gtalk, gmail, etc

Upvote 0
I really like using Widgetsoid because it lets you add toggles to your notification screen (i.e pull down the bar and there they are). This bar can be customized to have less or more toggles and in any order. The Sound toggle lets me toggle Sound on, Vibrate Mode, and Silent Mode.

ttxY7.png

Reactions: GreatGoo
Upvote 0
The easiest way to change from vibrate to silent is to just bring your volume all the way down so it's in vibrate mode. Then let up and the push down one more time on the volume down. It should then switch to silent. Then once you push up...it will go back to vibrate...then allow you to adjust the volume.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones