1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Missing Voicemail Notification

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AeolianReflex, May 29, 2015.

1. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    Male
    Southern California
    When a call goes thru to voicemail on my S6 I am not getting a notification icon in the notification bar or on the lock screen. I do get a notification of a missed call but unless I dial *86 and check, there is now way to tell that a voicemail was left. Anyone else having this issue? I couldn't find a setting for this anywhere. I am on Verizon. PS: I already cleared the cache partition to no avail.

Advertisement

2. nicolett

nicolett Newbie
    None

Nov 15, 2010
    Did you check your notification settings? In sounds & notifications. Maybe they are turned off.

I had the opposite happen to me on my old phone. I got a voicemail and the notification stayed on the notification bar even after deleting the message. I had to do a factory reset to fix it.

3. AeolianReflex

AeolianReflex Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 20, 2010
    Male
    Southern California
    I don't see any setting in sounds and notifications that applies other than setting voicemail as priority which I did and it didn't make a difference. I'm hoping to avoid having to completely back up and factory reset my phone.

Samsung Galaxy S6

The Samsung Galaxy S6 launched in 2015 as the company's flagship. It features a 5.1-inch screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and an impressive 16 megapixel camera.