1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Missing Voicemail Number

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Scubasim, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Scubasim

Scubasim Lurker
    None

Jul 31, 2010
    Since updating my Desire last night to version 2.29.405.7 I cannot access my voicemail via the notification bar or the number 1 speed dial. The error message I get is "Missing voicemail number - No voicemail number is stored on the SIM card"

When I choose the "add number" option the number it shows under Voicemail service "my carrier" and if I go into Voicemail settings ("settings for my carrier") the number is correct and if I manually dial the saved number it takes me straight to my voicemail.

I have saved the number on my SIM under the title Voicemail but it hasn't helped.

Obviously it's not the end of the world as I can still access my messages but it is annoying and I was wondering if anyone had an idea about how I can make it work properly again?

Thanks for your help

Advertisement

2. jasondonaldson

None

Jan 20, 2011
    Software Engineer
    York UK
    I had the same problem. I tried clearing the number and setting it again. In the end I have set it as Short Dial 4. It doesn't look like the Voicemail contact is held on the Sim so that may be related.

That and my perception the phone is now slower to scroll screens and for widgets to update are the only things I noticed on this update.

Scubasim likes this.
  3. bigandy

bigandy Lurker
    None

Nov 7, 2011
    Any update on this problem
    I have had to set an new speed dial for voicemail but I would prefer if button 1 would work as nature intended

Tags: