1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mistakenly installed USA firmware on UK Vodafone SGS2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by laxdale, Apr 17, 2012.

1. laxdale

laxdale Lurker

I've been waiting for the ICS update today, before I remembered several months ago I updated my firmware following instructions on an androidadvices website I stumbled across...

I've now realised that this was for US phones and is probably why I haven't had the update.

Earlier today, I backed up my phone and did a factory reset but still on XXKG1.

What's the easiest way to rectify this problem as I'm going on holiday on Thursday and could do with having my phone back to full strength? The phone hasn't been rooted.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

XXKG1 isn't a US firmware, it's a generic EU release. A factory reset won't revert a firmware update in any case.

I'm assuming you have an unbranded GS2 when you mention the update released today? Your easiest solution is probably to download the XWLP7 (XEU) package from the bottom of this page and flash it with Odin as per the first post in the same topic. However you're probably familiar with this anyway if you've previously updated.

3. Forbidden 403

Forbidden 403 Android Enthusiast

Perfectly said.

Just adding a mirror for the download.
    Hotfile link for XWLP7 (XEU) package

Slug likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews