• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MIUI (and CM7?) Tip? Audio notification bug

Jmelz

Nov 29, 2011
I looked around for info on this, and came across a few threads, but I wanted to say that I tested this for a while tonight, and think that it pretty much fixes the audio notification bug that people were/are complaining about.

I'm using the latest MIUI released in this forum by isaac, and found that if I go to settings, sound settings, then all volumes and then turn "notification volume" off, I can be playing an audio stream, get a notification, and the media audio volume didn't seem to drop.

Can others test this too?

I misread, I use CM7. I don't see a way to do that like in MIUI. hmmm

I assume you might have it right though, as this is a common setting and the way that the translation came across in MIUI might mean the same thing.

The way I tested was to use tunein radio, and play a stream at full media volume, and then to shoot myself an email and a text from another phone. The rest of the volume sliders were at around 50%, and when the notification came in and the sound played, the media volume did not drop from full volume.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones