1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

MIUI and Kernels

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by benjiharris, Apr 26, 2011.

1. benjiharris

benjiharris Member

Hi Everyone,

I have just flashed MIUI-Au to see what it is like. It takes some getting used to but so far I like it.
    But I was wandering - which of these kernels will work on the newest version which is based in Gingerbread? (I am running this version)

The kernels can be found here:

Downloads & Add-ons MIUI-Au for HTC Desire

I want one which is awesome for battery life. But before I flash a new kernel, I thought I would check from people who have flashed them - which ones work with the latest Gingerbread based build?

Thanks everyone!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

benjiharris likes this.
  3. ksavai

ksavai Newbie

I am also trying MIUI today. I dont think i will be there for long time bcoz love gingervillian 2.1 but just curious so trying.

I found 2 version. MIUI AU and MIUI XJ, what are the differences and which is more popular?

4. Gizzelle

Gizzelle Newbie

I don't think the Chinese devs have a recommended kernel for Gingebread yet and as such neither does MIUI-AU.

(I'm willing to be corrected on that though)

5. benjiharris

benjiharris Member

Thanks mate.
    Do you think these will be compatible with MIUI Gingerbread ROMS? Which one is best for battery life out of these? But will still maintain good speed and fluidity.
    I have just posted about a strange problem with charging so I'm hoping a different kernel may help as I know from other ROMS I have used that the kernel can affect battery charging.

6. SUroot

Should be. Although miui is a new look, its base is still aosp. The miui site listed his Froyo versions so not sure why his gb ones wouldn't work.

Would need testing though. Test WiFi and camera.

Havs axi should be best if stable for you

7. benjiharris

benjiharris Member

If I do a Nandroid backup before I flash the kernel and it goes tits up, will restoring my backup overwrite the kernel with the original?

8. SUroot

Yes it will. Kernels are part of the rom, so when you flash a kernel, it flashes into /system (for the most part). So it is backed up by nandroid.

Also reflashing the rom (without data wipe) or flashing an alternative kernel will replace the kernel.

If the havs axi doesnt work for you, try the normal havs. If that still doesnt work, you may have an issue with havs so try the svs axi

Hope this helps.

HAVS is stable for most now, but there is always an exception. All stock kernels are SVS.

benjiharris likes this.
  9. Staggers

Staggers Well-Known Member

I know you're trying MIUI Au, but the stock kernel in MIUI XJ has been giving me excellent battery life since I flashed it last Friday (no stats available, unfortunately, just going on feeling)

10. benjiharris

benjiharris Member

Ok thanks. I know this may be a stupid question, sorry if it is, but what are the main differences between MIUI-Au and XJ?
    I am not really having many problems at all with the Au one, and battery life seems to be settling down to a pretty good level considering the hospital I work in has reception NOWHERE!
    But if XJ is even better then I may well give it a go.

Thanks.

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews