• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MIUI issues

magic1

May 18, 2010
I have to say I love this Rom. It is very iphoneish but compared to other roms it's like a breath of fresh air. Sooo many customizations and tweaks but the two issues I seem to be having annoy the crap out of me. The hard buttons repeatedly have to be pressed sometimes to register. Not all the time but more so than not. The other is that the browser is slow and I mean can be sllooowww! I've experienced these issues on both the initial release and the newest update. Is everyone having these same problems? Now that I'm on it I hate to go back to anything else.

I want to like this rom but there are so many issues that come into play with every update. Here is what I've seen in the latest release. I'm probably going back to CM7 or OMFGB today:

- Button function is worse on miui than any other 2nd init rom so far
- Airplane mode bug where the phone shuts off data and thinks it is in airplane mode until reboot
- Issues with applications in landscape (car home, gentle alarm, etc) being cut off on the left side.
- Battery drain on this latest release for me is like water down a drain. 15% in the last 45 min.
- Text messages out of order in the MIUI messaging application.
- Beautiful Widgets 4x1 home weather doesn't work, it shows up as 4x2

Reactions: tom108
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones