1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root MIUI or AOKP...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bugly, May 9, 2012.

1. Bugly

Bugly Android Expert
    None

Jan 30, 2011
    Male
    VW mechanic
    Tacoma, Washington
    Anyone know if either one of these is close to fully functional (hardware-wise) yet? Tried to navigate the forums on both, but they're so full of posts, they are nearly impossible to figure out.
    Looking for info or first-hand reports on either one of these ROMs for ICS, NOT GB!!!!
    tia

Advertisement

2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja
    None

Feb 10, 2010
    Male
    Virginia
    they will not be fully functional until ICS is released for the RAZR, the kernel is a GB based kernel, so it wont help as much, and the ICS builds you see are based off of the Galaxy Nexus, which means after moto skins it with blur you will see a different looking ICS.

until ICS is officially here for the RAZR the rom devs can then get everything working again, much like the DX days when we were on froyo and we ran GB based roms with some bugs, but when GB hit the dx became a powerhouse of a phone, cause cm7 allowed us to utilize the funcationality of GB, mainly because it was then based off the official GB build for the DX, and with the gb kernel for the dx

Bugly and Biotic like this.
  3. xepicxacidx

xepicxacidx Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennslyvaina
    Both had crazy data drops. The camera only partly worked. Other then that they were ok few things here and there. Had better luck with MIUI but its completely different from AOKP.

4. Bugly

Bugly Android Expert
    None

Jan 30, 2011
    Male
    VW mechanic
    Tacoma, Washington
    I hear ya, man... It's just been a long dry spell without custom ROMz to play with....

5. Sportster

Sportster Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 28, 2009
    Male
    Steelworker
    Indiana, US
    Boy has it ever been. I changed mine on my Droid a few times but haven't done one on this yet. I'm not going to mess around with half done, half baked ROMS that aren't fully functional and don't add to the usefulness of the device. Just doesn't make sense. ICS will be a breath of fresh air only because it's something new. We've really been on the short end of the ROM straw....

6. Bugly

Bugly Android Expert
    None

Jan 30, 2011
    Male
    VW mechanic
    Tacoma, Washington
    for sure... this has been a really long down time for flashaholics like myself....