1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root MIUI problems and downloads...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by broads desire, Jun 13, 2011.

1. broads desire

broads desire Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 7, 2010
    ok so i want to download MIUI the latest one which is 10.06.2011 so i can gatther..

im currently running a sense 3.0 rom so i know how to flash etc.

but which is the english apps2sd MIUI rom as im finding chinese versions.

and when i last tried miui it wouldnt enable apps2sd. how do i install this rom and having running as if i have a sense rom... automatic app2sd so to speak./

my ext storage wouldnt show in miui last time. word is i have to use the android terminal but dont want to risk flashing it and then have to change back to sense when it doesnt work

cheers guys :)

Advertisement

2. CdTDroiD

CdTDroiD Android Enthusiast
    None

They should all be A2SD automatically, check the XDA site HERE. Just back up your old one first then flash, you should have any issues with A2SD

3. broads desire

None

Jul 7, 2010
    i just flashed the latest... used titanium to reinstall all my stuff... surprise surprise theres the low memory warning... so i have had to delete alot of my apps on there... something to do with terminal to reenable the ability ?

my internal is currently on 50mb free... and on my sense 3.0 rom it was over 100mb free with more apps on there

how do imake it enables and constantly on ..

4. ksavai

ksavai Member
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    ACTIVATING A2SD+
    - get terminal from market
    - Type su
    - Type a2sd zipalign
    - Type a2sd cachesd
    - You may even need to do a2sd reinstall

If this dont work. search for dark tremor script in XDA download and flash that ZIP and follow above steps again. That should work.

5. broads desire

None

Jul 7, 2010
    ok a2sd+ is working fine so it seems after reinstall and cashesd....

sometime my contacts completely dissapear from the contacts book ... but they are still available on the messages i have received to contact them.. after a fiddle they usually re appear

and theme manager constantly force closes... is this a fault with the build or?

if i apply a wallpaper it force closes and then its applied.. but if i want to change theme such as icons, nothing just a force close and a fail :|

6. GingaB

GingaB Android Expert
    None

Dec 26, 2010
    London, UK
    Thats a known issue on MIUIandroid. I am assuming you got Mark Huk version?? It is riddled with software problems mainly due to the way he has compiled the language pack. XJ's MIUI on the other hand is flawless. They both have identical roms in appearance but XJ rom is stable under the hood so perhaps you should try his version. But make sure you wipe before you flash his rom.

7. Oneiroi

Oneiroi Member
    None

Dec 14, 2010
    Buckinghamshire
    Looking to flash MIUI when I root, but having dug around I think that as I am currently on a stock 2.2 I am going to have to flash a radio to bring it up to 2.3

Is this right?

and if so, and I am scared about flashing the radio as I don't want an expensive paper weight, if I flash a normal aosp 2.3 rom will that automatically update the radio too?

Apols if these are stupid questions. Just trying to desperately get my head round the terminology!:thinking:

8. GingaB

GingaB Android Expert
    None

Dec 26, 2010
    London, UK
    No you dont need to change the radio. If it works for you dont touch it. As far as I know 2.3 GB MIUI roms dont have radios included but just in case read the changelog of the specified rom before you flash.

Oneiroi likes this.
  9. broads desire

None

Jul 7, 2010
    can you get a link for the latest version of the miui you said, without the bugs.. and if its in japanese... the english translation pack aswell..

im pretty sure i have miui jx on atm will a whipe n reinstall sort it then ? :\

10. broads desire

None

Jul 7, 2010
    ok so just did a full whipe AGAIN! did the terminal app2sd thing AGAIN as it never works straight from install for me..

and im still getting theme manager force closes... supose ill jus deal with it till friday and try the new update.. if that fails im going back to a sense rom..

11. GingaB

GingaB Android Expert
    None

Dec 26, 2010
    London, UK
    Hmm what version are you using? I havent experienced any lagginess or force closes in the latest v1.6.10 XJ MIUI but having said that some people are still having problems. Perhaps you oughta change ur radio or kernel cos sometimes they can cause issues...

12. GingaB

GingaB Android Expert
    None

Dec 26, 2010
    London, UK
    Just forgot to add are you using custom hboots by any chance?

13. broads desire

None

Jul 7, 2010
    as far as im aware im using a standard hboot as i havent changed that, i jus unrevoked weeks abck and have been on sense roms but wanted to try miui again..

im using the miui xj 1.6.10 and am getting several force closes on various things but a consistent one is the theme manager.

i havent changed the radio or the kernal either as when i changed the radio last time to the latest it would not dial out, they could hear me when i rung sum1 but i would jus hear silence as if nothing was happening... but could receive calls.. since then ih ave just left the original radio on

ideas?

i might wait till friday to see the changes and hope it works fine..

14. GingaB

GingaB Android Expert
    None

Dec 26, 2010
    London, UK
    Im guessing your back on 5.11.05.27? That radio gave me some problems like hearing echo of myself whilst talking to somebody on the phone or vise versa and everytime I charged my phone the back of the phone was hotter than it should've been but the main issue was experincing force closes in SMS. All that went away when I switched over to 5.14.05.17. Everything is great now! I am not suggesting 5.14.05.17 will work for you but you should keep trying to change radios until you find the one that works for your phone...

Check tis thread out it has all the latest and old radios on there:

[RADIO] HTC Desire Stock Radios [LATEST 5.17.05.23] [29/05/11] - xda-developers

15. broads desire

None

Jul 7, 2010
    gonna try the same radio as you see what happens... when i change radio what should i check to make sure its working properlly.. making and receiving calls and texts... internet mobile connection..

and what are kernals ?

16. GingaB

GingaB Android Expert
    None

Dec 26, 2010
    London, UK
    Yeah check all the above.. A kernel is basically the bridge between applications and the data processing at the hardware level. It serves as a level of abstraction for communication. In short it governs your battery and power.

Tags: