1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root MIUI Themes

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stevcha, Feb 16, 2011.

1. stevcha

stevcha Android Expert

I'm having issues trying to install .zip themes using theme manager. I have the files saved in the MIUI>theme folder on my sd card. I then try to import the files in theme manager but nothing happens. I tried to rename the files to .mtz and still no luck. Any other ideas? Thanks!!

I'm running 1.2.11

Advertisement

2. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!

This has been broken since 0.1.28 or so (3 weeks ago?). I think the workaround is to rename it as .mtz, then use the built-in file explorer to access that file. It should give you the option to import. I think I found this solution on the MIUI dev forums. If my instructions didn't work (i might have forgotten a step), try searching over there.

3. fortisi876

fortisi876 Well-Known Member

How large is the file?

The first time I tried dl'ing and installing the popular Elite theme I had problems. Then I noticed the size of the file was ridiculously small, I dont know if the dl screwed up or if the posted file was corrupt but that was the problem. I found another link to the file and the file size was much larger, it installed w/out any issues.

4. stevcha

stevcha Android Expert

Someone on xda posted the fix for my issue. Basically once I have the file renamed from .zip to .mtz I use the native miui file viewer/explorer to launch the file. It then pops up a window if I want to apply the theme.

5. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!

lol, which is exactly what I said above :)

stevcha likes this.
  6. stevcha

stevcha Android Expert

Whoops totally missed that, lol. Thanks!!!

Tags: