• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MIUI Themes

stevcha

Android Expert
Nov 6, 2009
I'm having issues trying to install .zip themes using theme manager. I have the files saved in the MIUI>theme folder on my sd card. I then try to import the files in theme manager but nothing happens. I tried to rename the files to .mtz and still no luck. Any other ideas? Thanks!!

I'm running 1.2.11

I'm having issues trying to install .zip themes using theme manager. I have the files saved in the MIUI>theme folder on my sd card. I then try to import the files in theme manager but nothing happens. I tried to rename the files to .mtz and still no luck. Any other ideas? Thanks!!

I'm running 1.2.11

This has been broken since 0.1.28 or so (3 weeks ago?). I think the workaround is to rename it as .mtz, then use the built-in file explorer to access that file. It should give you the option to import. I think I found this solution on the MIUI dev forums. If my instructions didn't work (i might have forgotten a step), try searching over there.

Upvote 0
How large is the file?

The first time I tried dl'ing and installing the popular Elite theme I had problems. Then I noticed the size of the file was ridiculously small, I dont know if the dl screwed up or if the posted file was corrupt but that was the problem. I found another link to the file and the file size was much larger, it installed w/out any issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones