• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MIUI Weather Beta 1............nice.

fuzio1963

Apr 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Looks nice........go there for more info. :D
tnAvL.png

Attachments

• mui.png
    mui.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 48
Has anyone been able to get this to install? when I go to the apk to install it it trys then says application not installed... no reason why though

Im on a Droid X

Nevermind I got it. had to move the files instead of trying to install it like normal
reading instructions > me

Sent a PM to steven to try to get this moved back into the root section, because for the droid X people, in order to put this to system/app like you have to, you have to be rooted. yes you can adb push it but a lot of people are not comfortable with adb. just my .02

taken from the XDA thread
the OP says to answering the question
Originally Posted by smartinez718
Hey does my phone need to be rooted to use this app?

Due to the way it has to be installed atm, yes. I don't know what the devs' plans are, but hopefully they'll make it installable without pushing it to /system/app.

Upvote 0
This thread is being move back and forth... :), i can see........
Anywho.....i have this thing installed for last few days and it runs with no problem. Of course it is beta......and ie, geolocation does not work for me. I did not have any fc, i am on Launcher Pro +. I will wait till this project is out of its beta, personally i like a old Fancy widget better (the one that looks exactly as Sense UI - its not in the market anymore).
fhbki.png

Upvote 0
Yeah I've been running this since the day it was posted in these forums. Only had two problems with it.
1)geolocation doesn't work and it wont allow me to run two fifteenth states
2)after midnight it goes to like military time like "00 01" and when its like this if you press the weather icon it FC's until after 1am but the devastating know about both of these issues

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones