1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root MIUI which to try

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Xoji, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Xoji

Xoji Newbie
    None

Apr 14, 2010
    MA
    So I'm interested in trying out MIUI, and have been doing some reading, but would like some opinions.

I have found the following two sites that provide translated ROMs MIUI but was wondering what the preference is between the two, if any.

MIUI, Redefining Android – MIUI Android Developers

MIUI.us UNITED WORLDWIDE - News

Or if anyone else has any recommendations and can provide links that would also be wonderful. Thanks.

Advertisement

2. FramCire

FramCire Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Miui.us download 1.9.16.

Also go get Chad's incredikernel 7/26 version. I think it is incredikernel.com

Enjoy. Ask questions as you have them. I tried it and uninstalled. Went back 3 days later and haven't left.

Xoji likes this.
  3. Xoji

Xoji Newbie
    None

Apr 14, 2010
    MA
    Ha, don't invite me to ask questions this is my first time actually doing this to my phone. I'm doing a lot of reading before I do anything though. Thanks again!

4. FramCire

FramCire Android Expert
    None

Jun 4, 2010

Ask away. Reading and inquiring is the best way.

There is a Guy on the forum at miui.us who does videos showing features. Watch those. They are very helpful.

Xoji likes this.
  5. DodgerinNH

DodgerinNH Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 2, 2010
    Adhesives
    SE New Hampshire

Thanks for the info. I went for it the other day, had some problems with FC's in the beginning and then re-flashed (without data in my titanium restore this time) and now everything is fine. So I'm busy customizing and haven't had time to watch the videos yet, but would like to pick your brain about a few things if you don't mind:

1) I have lots of different custom wallpapers that are perfectly sized for one homescreen. I did it that way on purpose because I didn't like the photos moving and wanted to see the whole photo on each homescreen- not just a portion of it. Is there a feature on MIUI that allows you to freeze the homescreen photo like on ADW launcher? (which I was using on my previous ROM). If not, I suppose I could go back to the ADW launcher but wanted to give the native one a shot.

2) Along the same line, for some reason my main homescreen is the second one from the far left, and not in the middle. I can't figure out how to make the homescreen the "middle one" (you can see the dots on the bottom of the screen to see its position)

3) My ultra keyboard (which I paid for) won't work at all on MIUI. It force closes every second. I bought it because it was a functioning alternative to Swype. Any thoughts on getting this working, or a good alternative

Thanks!

Don

6. elwray

elwray Android Enthusiast
    None

May 26, 2010
    Environmental
    Central NJ
    Only part I can help with ...

From a homescreen, "pinch out" to get to the expanded view of your homescreens where you'd add or delete a screen. On the screen you'd like to make default, tap on the bottom center of that screen preview where the "house" icon is. That's it!

7. jski711

jski711 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 26, 2010
    local 134 Electician
    chicago burbs
    Im running gingersense and really want to flash miui! Someone talk me into it!

8. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA

Do it

9. jski711

jski711 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 26, 2010
    local 134 Electician
    chicago burbs
    i did and now im having issues. i keep getting android.porcess.acore has stopped unexpectedly. it worked fine for a few hours and then this happened.. SOB