• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MIUI - Working Data & SMS. . .

I really think if he gets the MMS working that most would get off his back. I know it must be hard to solve problems but from what I seen of his ICS build its a DD right off the bat. I know my phone is fast and stable. Now to get MMS working I would be a happy camper. Plus these weekly updates you cant even tell whats been done most the time. In the end its his baby and he knows whats best for it. I just know this is my DD till a true ICS comes out for the bolt.

Upvote 0
I think that's part of the problem, is that so many people are wanting everything working, and maybe he feels he needs to keep pumping out updates to keep people happy in the meantime.

That being said I setup ICS V2 yesterday and its great so far. None of the issues some were reporting, but I also read the entire thread before flashing..

I'd have no problem running this for a few weeks until he works out the kinks.

Upvote 0
As I've said I think he feels a lot of pressure to stay "relevant" that's why he keeps releasing "updated" version that don't include any of the fixes that we all want (4G icons seems like an easy fix - where is it?)

I'm also on ICS V2 and it's just as nice as the version I was running before. Nothing really seems different, just the number version in about phone.

Side note, has anyone found a good ICS themed mtz?

Upvote 0
I started running the ICS 2.0 the day it came out, loving it so far. The only issue I run into is when I unlock using widget locker I get the message stating that it is granted superuser permissions. Anybody know how to turn that off?

Unfortunately no.. I always turned off the notifications as well since it gets pretty annoying every time I access an app with SU permissions.

Upvote 0
I started running the ICS 2.0 the day it came out, loving it so far. The only issue I run into is when I unlock using widget locker I get the message stating that it is granted superuser permissions. Anybody know how to turn that off?

In WL try going to setting>advanced>Root Helper and make sure it is turned off.

You could also try going to settings in the SuperUser app and turn off notifications.

Reactions: Jerniganc
Upvote 0
So I have not been following this very well.

Couple things:

No App Drawer? So its just done by folders? By the look of it, the folders actually look nice....
Is that a standard feature of ICS or is that just with MIUI?

The missing app drawer is a MIUI feature not ICS

Is it stable for everyday use?

Yes unless you need MMS

LPP work with it?

It should and you will get your app drawer back

Anyone have just a feature list around anywhere?

I will leave that one for someone else because I don't know where one is :D

Upvote 0
In terms of recoveries: Does it matter which I use(ie: CWR, Amon-RA, etc?) Which one is the easiest to work with?

Should not matter. For CWM, make sure you have the latest. If you use CWM and get stuck at the splash, try another recovery or updating CWM. I am experimenting with RZ. Have not flashed a ROM yet, but man, backups are fast.

Upvote 0
I lost root. Has anyone else had this problem after flashing it? What do i need to do? I open Titanium and it says root failed.

Make sure that the superuser app is managing root permissions.

Then uninstall TiBu, then reinstall it from the market. I have to do it pretty much every time.

Edit: if you have the pro key you can leave it installed, just re-install the base program.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones