1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

mixed reviews on battery life...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by m.vasquez009, Sep 25, 2011.

1. m.vasquez009

m.vasquez009 Member

does anybody have a pretty good general idea how battery life will be on this phone??? i have read in alot of reviews that this phone can get pretty good battery life (12-13 hrs) with moderate to some heavy use which i am pleased with, but at the same time i have heard ppl say that this phone has terrible battery life and will only last about 5 hours...so im just wondering what the real answer is and if anybody can help re assure me of the true battery life

2. matttye

matttye Android Expert

Had my phone off charge from 6:30am yesterday until around 1am this morning.

2 hours display on, 50 minutes GPS, 20MB data use (web browsing / apps).

Phone was still on the lower end of a green battery. I didn't actually check the percentage but I would guess it was around 25% ?

+ took 20 photos.

------------------------------

^ This is a post from another thread about the battery life I got the day after I got the phone (when I was playing with it constantly :p)

I have to deliberately try to fully discharge the battery. Under normal use (and I do quite a bit of email/facebook checking, web browsing, spotify listening etc, but not much YouTube) it doesn't even come close to running out for me.

3. Riche101

Riche101 Android Enthusiast

I really depends what these 5 hrs ppl are doing i.e. using sat nav etc also who they charging it as well

if you have the latest firmware and rooted its possible to get a long battery life

4. Gearu

Gearu Android Expert

My battery got worse after I charged it while it still had juice. Now it seems as weak as everyone else's here.

I shall continue to maintain that even Li Batteries should be charged from empty.

5. semus

semus Android Enthusiast

My phone's battery life seems to be pretty good,
    i disconnected the charger 9 and a half hours ago at 100% battery, used it like i usually do - wifi and a some camera, phone calls and smsing, and for an hour and a half i had the gps on, while listening to music,
    and i still got 65% battery left.

btw, im using the stock rom and nothing special to keep the battery life.

6. atmasters

atmasters Android Enthusiast

for me I cant get 12hrs out of mine. I am not using any navigation but am on it a lot sending sms.

7. Riche101

Riche101 Android Enthusiast

Android 2.3.4 fixes a battery problem You dont have too root you get it You can just flash files on , you just wont be able to use Kies to update anymore

8. semus

semus Android Enthusiast

Update: i still havnt charged the battery, its now 14 and a half hours since i last charged it, and i now hit the 50%, and i listened to 4 albums today in my car - in full volume, in addition to what i mention above.

I dunno about other people's phones, but mine's battery is great.

m.vasquez009 likes this.
  9. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Gearu likes this.
  10. Gearu

Gearu Android Expert

Well it looks like it's unanimous then :D I stand corrected.
    Today I got some spare batteries and the samsung battery-bed charging unit, so I can sub-hot swap them now, it's been annoying trying to make sure I have a full charge for when I go to work and thus not using the phone heavily beforehand.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews