• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MixZing Music Player - how to downdate?

MixZing Player Lite was my favourite Android app because it has a great album cover feature and the ability to permanently delete tracks from my SD card (many desktop music players don't even have this). Plus it's well organised and easy to use.

But recently they've updated it (which i've regretfully installed) and it's got ads all over the god damn app and some functions like searching for songs doesn't work. The worst part is the app is really really slow now, like If I press 'next track' 'next track' 'playlist' quickly, thereafter it'll change track twice and show me the playlist, plus there are plenty of 2 second delays when pressing anything in the app. My mp3 player from 2003 is faster than this.

Is there anyway to downgrade/downdate to the previous build of the app?

Unless you have a backup from Astro, Titanium, or something like that you might be out of luck. This is why I generally wait to update and look at reviews following an update before I do. However your problems are probably something (aside from the ads) that reviewers may not comment on. I'm also a fan of MixZing and the ads don't bother me but for me it seems a lot faster in some aspects since the update and I'm not having a lot of the problems you are. I still only use MixZing to create playlists and the stock player for actually playing music so this new update doesn't affect me much.

Upvote 0
MixZing Player Lite was my favourite Android app because it has a great album cover feature and the ability to permanently delete tracks from my SD card (many desktop music players don't even have this). Plus it's well organised and easy to use.

But recently they've updated it (which i've regretfully installed) and it's got ads all over the god damn app and some functions like searching for songs doesn't work. The worst part is the app is really really slow now, like If I press 'next track' 'next track' 'playlist' quickly, thereafter it'll change track twice and show me the playlist, plus there are plenty of 2 second delays when pressing anything in the app. My mp3 player from 2003 is faster than this.

Is there anyway to downgrade/downdate to the previous build of the app?

I have 2 suggestions for you.
1. Use AdFree to remove unwanted ads.
2. Always use a program like Astro file manager before testing out new programs.

I have a copy of Mixing (before it went berzerk)... wink wink.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones