• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MK802 and MK802II Custom ROM [Altonus MM]

New compatibility zips to be uploaded before next week friday, in these devices are the MiniX Plus and the MK802. Thanks to 00bit and firebird? if I spelled it right! lol.. anyway thanks to them these two devices will have compatibility zips, and Altonus MM Rom will be recieving a small update too! Thanks for your support and Happy Romming guys!

will the compatibility zip for MK802II be uploaded today? really cant wait~ ^^:D

Upvote 0
Development is kinda slowed for all devices because of school guys im really sorry! I just started a few classes and I don't wanna fall behind, I'm really tryna get this working tho.. Espect zips for the MiniXplus and the MK802 2 VERY soon, really before this month is over is the closest eta :/ sorry guys! and I would need a boot.img once you recieve the mk805

Upvote 0
Hi, I'm using a MK802 to play 3D video files via HDMI1.4a (2x 24Hz at 1080p, framepacking, standard 3D format for 3D TVs). Only the first firmware was capable to play such files with the google video player. Though later versions support different display settings, non of them works for 3D, and the google video player app ("Gallery)"was removed. Also I can only get the sound via HDMI as bluetooth isn't supported. So I'd like to try a CWM rom. Does anybody know if it supports 3D playback? Thx in advance!

Upvote 0
I just received my MK802 II yesterday. So far so good. Everything is working including Droidmote server. The only issue is that I can't install some application from Market like Chrome. Dolphin is working fine. Graphics are not too bad. I set Ocean HD live wall paper and it runs smooth.
I am waiting for some custom ROM to try it out.

Upvote 0
Hi EManU3LXX,
your installation instructions are not right. In CWRM you have to flash the rom, gapps and compatibility.zip without rebooting. The system can only start after comp.zip is flashed. You can read this in Christian Troys threads.

Did you build the rom and the comp.zip or did you only copy the files from Christian Troy ?

The way you described to install CWRM is too much work for me. I only prefer to copy the recovery.img onto sdcard-internal. Then install Novotools.apk. Run Novotools and select "Flash recovery" or later "Reboot recovery". Thats it.

Upvote 0
Hi EManU3LXX,
your installation instructions are not right. In CWRM you have to flash the rom, gapps and compatibility.zip without rebooting. The system can only start after comp.zip is flashed. You can read this in Christian Troys threads.

Did you build the rom and the comp.zip or did you only copy the files from Christian Troy ?

The way you described to install CWRM is too much work for me. I only prefer to copy the recovery.img onto sdcard-internal. Then install Novotools.apk. Run Novotools and select "Flash recovery" or later "Reboot recovery". Thats it.

I didn't make the instructions, I used the same ones in the Riko Forums page, and no I built the rom from his source, but I used his MMk802 compatibility zip. That's why the rom is able to be used in all (well most) all winner devices. If you notice his thread has a dl for source. I'm not like that bro. I dnt dig copyright issues with poeple also,

firebird274 said:
Any updates on the next set of comp zips?

why yes, there is an update, I finnally got the boot.img to open without curruption so these should be up this weekend. I've been busy with school so NONE of my roms have had any updating. Sorry guys for the hold up! I really need more time managment skills lol

Upvote 0
Hi EManU3LXX,

Could you allso write some documentation how to make these compatibility zip

Thank you

I never thought about that.... it's no for the faint of heart, but I'll add that today, I'm at lunch right now, but I gotta go to class soon, and I don't wanna post something half done.

Reactions: erdilmeet
Upvote 0
Hello.
I connected my Z902 to my computer by USB cable for extract the boot.img.
Previously I installed SDK Manager and the drivers of the device.
I have Windows 7.
In cmd, I typed:
adb devices
and this is answer: List of devices attached 20080411 device
later, I typed from c:\ Adb pull /dev/mtd/mtd2 boot.img and i have no results.
How i can to extract the boot.img?
what am I doing wrong?

THKS!

Upvote 0
Hello.
I connected my Z902 to my computer by USB cable for extract the boot.img.
Previously I installed SDK Manager and the drivers of the device.
I have Windows 7.
In cmd, I typed:
adb devices
and this is answer: List of devices attached 20080411 device
later, I typed from c:\ Adb pull /dev/mtd/mtd2 boot.img and i have no results.
How i can to extract the boot.img?
what am I doing wrong?

THKS!

Try

adb shell

dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd2 of=/sdcard/boot.img bs=1024

exit

Reactions: killoman
Upvote 0
Try

adb shell

dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd2 of=/sdcard/boot.img bs=1024

exit

I tried:

adb shell
the system said:

root@android:/#

I typed: dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd2 of=/sdcard/boot.img bs=1024

The system said:

/dev/mtd/mtd2: cannot oper for read: No souch file or directory

I Typed:

cd dev

The system said:

root@android:/dev #

I Typed:

cd mtd

The system saids: No such file or directory.

Doesn

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones