• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MLB At Bat Issue

red66charger

Android Expert
Mar 1, 2011
Belleair Bluffs, FL
I'm not sure if I should ask this here or on the Motorola RAZR/RAZR Maxx board.

I absolutely love the MLB At Bat app, but I'm getting increasingly frustrated with it. I am hoping to find out if any other users are experiencing the same issue I am. Almost every time I open the app I am not logged in to my MLB account. This is a fairly recent issue that I think started when I received an update for the app. This was not a cheap app to purchase so I'm pretty P.O.'d that when I open the app it is in "Free Version" mode which has ads. I have to go to settings and enter my account username and password constantly.

Again, I'd like to know if other At Bat subscribers are having the same issue. If not, could this be something the app doesn't like about my device? Any way of forcing the app to remember my log in information? I've looked at the Google Play page for the app and only saw one complaint about the ads. I'm sure that guy doesn't realize he isn't logged into his account.

Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem. I've noticed most of the time it happens after I reboot my phone, but it still randomly happens. I emailed MLB about it, and they opened an incident. We'll see if they do anything about it. I'm pretty sure they already released a fix for this bug with an update earlier this year. I'm guessing that it fixed the problem for most phones, just not ours. (I have an HTC EVO 3D).

Upvote 0
Part of it I think it has to do with the cache. We have it on the Roku, and I will finish watching games on the tablet. The tablet (Acer A 500) checked once, and has logged in every time. The same for the phone. (Nexus 4) Unlike the NFL app, it doesn't seem to matter to MLB that the phone is rooted and the tablet isn't.

It could also be related to your wifi. We stream over the Roku, and phone and tablet use the same connection. MLB sees that address and Google/Roku account.

BTW, I bought app from MLB, and not play store. The Roku has its own store, hadn't used Roku Channel subscription, so bought from MLB itself.

Upvote 0
Below is the official response I received from MLB today. Essentially, they know it's a problem.

Dear MLB.com Mobile User,

We apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing with At Bat. We are aware of the issue and will be correcting it in a future release of At Bat.

If you have any additional questions, please contact Customer Service at 866-800-1275.

Sincerely,
MLB.com Customer Service

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones