1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General MLB at bat

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by deezpac, Mar 28, 2011.

1. deezpac

deezpac Lurker
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    anyone using this app with their intercept on VM? i want to buy it but i'm not sure if it's going to work well on this phone. i've had enough trouble getting TuneIn Radio, Pandora, and Yahoo Music to work on a consistent basis so i'm not sure if i want to spend $15 on an app that won't work well. i was going to wait until after the Froyo update but the baseball season starts thursday and who knows if that april 4th froyo release will actually happen.

Advertisement

2. Dixon Butz

Dixon Butz Member
    None

Mar 14, 2011
    I just got it on my VM Intercept. Working good so far. Has not crashed.
    I am listening to a spring Cardinal's game on VM 3g. Not all the games today have audio. No audio dropouts.
    The VM internet has been working good the last few days. It used to lose connection and I had to use the airplane trick to get the net back.
    The at bat graphics don't seem to update very often. I don't like it.
    Is this app supposed to have video streaming during the regular season?
    It has 2 size widgets. One with your teams score. The other is a small team button.
    This app will eat batteries. Not all the games today have audio.
    Seems to be a decent app so far.
    I also have a MLB.tv premium sub that I watch with Boxee for PC connected to 42" and a 65" TV's (different pc's).

deezpac likes this.
  3. Dixon Butz

Dixon Butz Member
    None

Mar 14, 2011
    Im watching the Yankees on TV and the atbat phone app. The atbat updates match the TV. Like realtime updating. Sometimes the atbat will show something before it happens on TV.

Edit: For this Yankee game the mlb.tv video stream is behind the atbat.

4. Dixon Butz

Dixon Butz Member
    None

Mar 14, 2011
    "Opening Day 2011 is March 31. Additional features and functionality for the award-winning At Bat 11, including mobile access to live streaming video on select Android devices for MLB.TV subscribers, will be released for Opening Day."

That answers my video question. Probably requires 2.2. Even then video streaming may not be supported on this phone. I do have a MLB.TV sub, so I am hoping it will work.

5. Dixon Butz

Dixon Butz Member
    None

Mar 14, 2011
    To watch the live video stream requires Android 2.2, flash, and a MLB.TV account. Which costs: $99.99, 119.99 per year. Or $19.99, 24.99 per month.

6. deezpac

deezpac Lurker
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    i've been using the app since the start of the season and it seems to work pretty well. last week i was driving on the freeway between LA and Orange County and listened the White Sox vs Indians game the whole way while also running the navigation program. so far i've been really happy with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone that is into baseball. the video streaming isn't something that interests me as much since i'm not going to be getting mlb.tv and i don't really see this phone supporting the video feature anyways.

7. ignatius73

ignatius73 Lurker
    None

Apr 16, 2011
    I have the VM Intercept and recently got the 2.2 Froyo update.

I have the season subscription to MLB.tv and purchased the 2011 At Bat app. I was thinking I'd be able to take more advantage of my subscription when the OS would be updated from 2.1, but I still cannot seem to watch any video, be it live games or even highlight clips. Sometimes the phone seems to crash or become unresponsive, and most recently it displayed an error message that there was an error loading the video.

I've been looking for Flash to ensure I have it but seem to be reading that Flash doesn't work on the Intercept. Is that the issue? Is it an unsupported phone issue? Are there any workarounds I can use to see live video? I did download Sky Fire but assume that wouldn't have anything to do with the At Bat app, just browser content.

Thanks for any help.

8. Dixon Butz

Dixon Butz Member
    None

Mar 14, 2011
    It's not possible to install flash 10.2 on this phone. So no streaming video for the at bat app.
    The video clips don't seem to load on 3g. On wifi they play fine.
    Have you tried Skyfire yet?
    Miren browser didn't work with mlb.com stream.