1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General MM missing?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by carnivalrejectq, Mar 9, 2016.

1. carnivalrejectq

None

Jul 19, 2010
    My girl has the Stylo for Boost and has had the update notification for a while but just ignored it because she doesn't care / is a picture nut with no space left on her phone. Recently I realized out of surprise that it's actually marshmallow that was awaiting and urged her to install it. She barley made the space by a few MB but nonetheless did and downloaded the update. I hit restart and install and the phone then rebooted as if it had nothing to install and nothing happened. Software version still says 5.1.1 and now the update LG software says everything is up to date. The hell? What is going on here. Where did it go lol? The only thing I can think of is to factory reset so it'll come back but that's like against her religion she won't do it......or to call boost and see if they could push it again. Idk what happened in the first place though. I've never experienced something like this lol.

Advertisement

2. Murf1

Murf1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    IT
    Indiana
    You might want to get her an SD card first and move all those photos to it to free up some internal memory.

daffyducknj likes this.
  3. daffyducknj

daffyducknj Android Enthusiast

May 24, 2012
    Male
    odd jobs atm
    NJ, USA
    Once your girlfriend has the SD card, make sure the camera app is set to store pics and video to that card. As far as the update, if the phone isn't rooted, you can go into System > System updates > Update Firmware, and see if she can receive it. Try to do that under a fast WiFi connection.

Get the card first before trying that. Make sure it's at least a Class 10, UHS 1 card of at least 64 GB size. That way, you'll have enough room to move some apps if the phone is upgraded to MM.

Tags: