• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MM phone not allowed

Hi everyone. Hope everyone is fine. I am using Samsung Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F model currently here in Pakistan. The network i am using currently is Jazz/Warid.
My phone was just working from past 2 months (bought 2nd hand from market). But today its signal just vanished out of nowhere. Everything was just fine. But suddenly i am seeing a message in my notification bar "MM phone Services: Phone not allowed for voice" and my signals were gone, showing "Emergency calls only status".
I have tried several tricks, like changing the sim and putting this sim card in another phone. The other sim card works perfect in my galaxy note 8 and the sim works perfectly in other phones. I am not sure how to resolve this problem.
I have also read a forum that it maybe blacklisted and you should check on imeipro.info. I have checked my IMEI for blacklisting but the it was showing a "Clean" status. It means that my phone is not blacklisted.
Kindly guide me what should i do about it.

Regards,
Daniyal

Unfortunately that error usually does mean blacklisted. I don't know how up-to-date that website is, but it might be that there's some lag before changes show up there.

There's an outside chance that it's a SIM lock (an unofficial unlock which has reverted to locked), but that precise wording looks like a blacklist. I'd suggest speaking to your service provider to see what they say.

Upvote 0
Hi dhaniyal... I am having same issue but mine device is approved from PTA... But suddenly 12am simcard stopped working.. Any help on this? I purchased this device 60 days back.. But PtA system is showing approved

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191006-032559_DVS.jpg
    Screenshot_20191006-032559_DVS.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 1,573
Upvote 0
This can be for a number of reasons.
#1: You're phone is linked to criminal activity or has been labeled as stolen and the IMEI has been disabled, Your IMEI is the only way your mobile carrier can verify that you have a phone number and other things and It's linked and saved into records, when criminal actvity or theft happens, these records are accessed and if the phone doesn't have a SIM, It connects to Emegerncy cell towers to label your phone as Blacklisted and cannot be used anymore unless you prove you are the owner of your phone,
Or
#2: You're SIM card isn't activated or has been disabled due to either you havent payed a bill or your account is on hold for a select number of reasons.

Hope you get this sorted out! Have a great night or day =3

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones