1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

mm-qcamera-daemon on Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Dale5, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Dale5

Dale5 Guest
    None
    On Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - I am having a problem reported by others. The mm-qcamera-daemon starts at random times and stops also at random times.
    1. I am not running yahoo messenger (reported by some to be the problem).
    2. I reset the phone to factory settings. Problem came back a day later.
    3. I have only a couple of downloaded apps from PlayStore - StockQuote and File Manager. Problem occurred before I downloaded File Manager. I had been using StockQuote for months prior to the problem. No camera or video apps.
    4. I went through help sessions with Sprint and with Samsung. Samsung tech had me boot the phone in Smart Mode and told me that the problem was not an app but the OS. She said that since I had the latest OS, there is no upgrade at this time.
    5. I took the phone back to Sprint and got a replacement. Phone ran fine for a couple of days but the problem has returned AGAIN!
    6. Battery life when this service is not running is about two days. While it is running, batery life is 4 - 6 HOURS.
    7. Restarting the phone does not stop the service.

Any other thoughts?

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    First time I've heard of this one, but it sounds like another bug in the S3 4.3 update. Maybe they'll come out with a fix to the fix early in the new year.