• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MM Theme][Port]Luna

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are currently using the Luna Theme I ported please do not feel obligated to remove it. The original developer may have put a hamper on distribution but there is nothing preventing us from personal use.

I realize a good amount of people find this Theme appealing. So going forward as I cannot provide links to a working port, if you would like to use this theme on your ally please PM me and I will provide you with instructions on how to get this Theme working on your phone.

People are entitled to they're own opinion no matter how wrong they may be

Upvote 0
Okay listen up everyone:

I just wanted to post here before things got worse. I do not like being called names. I understand being 'unhappy' but this is an issue that has been discussed in depth on DroidForums for months now. It is a solid conclusion to everyone that themes are the personal work of the themer, and you may port personally but if you would like to release or spread the ported theme to others you must ask permission from the original creator.

Secondly, it is a law that when something is hosted on personal server space online it is copyright and in full ownership of the creator. My theme is a work of art by myself and currently only hosted on my own web space and copyright by me, so it is illegal to spread the themed files. Now, there are a lot of themers that just upload their work to forums or to other hosting sites which somewhat makes the copyrights not apply in their case, however it is still needed out of respect to contact the creator first.

------------------------

savoxis - I understand your disappointment, but you must understand mine. There have been a few others in the past that ported without permission and I asked them to remove it, and they did with a very kind and understanding reply back. Some of them I ended up supporting anyway. You could have done this, but instead you decided to call me names and act rudely sarcastic. Also, you say "People are entitled to they're own opinion, however wrong they may be" as if it applies, but it really does not make much sense in a situation like this. You can have an opinion, but this is not only out of respect but it is purely illegal under the law. Trust me, things would have been very different if you would have just asked permission before posting my work. Simple as that. Let's call this done.

gregskeels - Again, I understand disappointment, but there is no need to call me rude names online just because we aren't face to face. You really need to grow up and express your feelings in another way. Android is open source yes, but graphics are a very different realm here buddy. I have altered almost every single PNG in the framework and system files, even customized every 9-patch file and if you know nothing about this trust me in saying it took more hours than you can think. I don't see how I am a disgrace to android when I am theming for it and being helpful to everyone out there. Again, all savoxis had to do was be nice and ask permission.

Upvote 0
Listen here.

Let me start off by saying if you don't like being called names then perhaps you should act accordingly.

These files that I rearranged in a metamorph package where provided FOR FREE on your website to ANYONE WHO WISHES to download. I did not decompile, alter or lay claim to any of your work. ALL I did was take something and repackage it so it could be easily applied to another phone. In doing so I cited your website and gave you full credit. If you took pride in your work at all you would care less about such trivial matters and be proud of the fact that someone cared enough to make your artwork accessible to another group of users who otherwise would be unable to use/enjoy your work.

I am trying to help the community, on both sides, making the developers products reach a new crowd and helping the users find alternatives that they enjoy. The fact that you are meeting me with such opposition leads me to believe that you care less about your artwork itself, and more about the drama of holding onto intellectual property on the internet.

I am sorry that you dont see things my way and probably never will, but I will tell you this. Get off your high horse and stop being such a prick, you where not harmed slandered or taken advantage of by anything I have done. If anything the members of this community had respect for you BEFORE you diswaded me from hosting your theme. I will continue to provide ports of Themes to the Ally community and I plan on making a step by step guide on how to port yours. This way everyone can do this "personally"

Upvote 0
thief, stealing copyright material is no joke. then being ignorant about it is even worse. You could have handled this way different, as others have in the past. themes are creative and owned by the creator, look out behind you:mad:

I stole nothing.

On top of that his website is not exactly clear on his policies regarding distribution, all the information on these issues is below the main website in a rather unintuitive location.

I understand the laws, but just I believe these laws are set out to protect assets that have monetary value, or to keep your assets from being modified then redistributed under a different name.

I stole no more from IcculusX than anyone who has downloaded his content from his server.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones