1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

mmcqd

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    hello, im using a galaxy ace 2 with jellybean on it. it has been rooted but i had the same issue before rooting as well.

sometimes when I am watching a Youtube video or listening music or anything similar (including heavy running apps, like some games) my device laggs up until the point that pressing the screen or power button does not do anything, when it finally makes the screen turn off (the power button) it keeps playing on the with small breaks (even thought youtube should stop when your screen is turned off). when my phone reacts again after about 30 sec it shows some other apps have stopped reacting and if i want to stop them. to find the problem i turned on "show all processes" in developers options and i noted that mmcqd was using a sickening amount of CPU. in the bar that shows CPU usage total i suspect that green bar is CPU1, red CPU2 and blue swap memory. even though mmcqd doesn't use that much of the CPU2 it does seem to use max swap memory. i lookup what mmcqd did, and it was a daemon that writes on my sdcard. cant find a way to stop it. i have seen the problem noted on other forums but the only solution i found there was unmounting my sd and remounting it with a special command, but cant unmount it with the command umount. because its busy or something.

anybody knows any solutions to this problem plz tell me cuz its driving me crazy

thnks

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    You can always unmount the SD card by turning the phone off and removing the card. If it's not there, it won't mount.

That doesn't solve the problem, though - there's evidently something wrong with the phone or the firmware, unless you have a bad SD card. Grab a few SD card testing programs - SD Insight and SD Tools might help - and see what you have. If the card says 16GB but the program says 4GB, and the date of manufacture is 1-1-1970, you have a bad card. (Bad, as in they sold you something they knew wasn't what it says it is.)